* logrepeat only logging LAST_REPEAT
@ 2021-01-19 11:33 Michael Heerdegen
From: Michael Heerdegen @ 2021-01-19 11:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

for some entries I use the logrepeat feature (enabled by setting the
LOGGING property of the entry).

I get a :LAST_REPEAT: property that I (always) want, and also a complete
log I do not (always) want, in the form of a growing list of

- State "DONE" from "XYZ" [2021-01-19 Di 12:01]

style entries that I often "garbage collect" manually.

Is there a way to get only the :LAST_REPEAT: prop logged, without the
ever-growing list?

If not, please consider as "wishlist" request.

TIA,

Michael.

* Re: logrepeat only logging LAST_REPEAT
@ 2021-01-20  4:08 ` Ihor Radchenko
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2021-01-20  4:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Heerdegen, emacs-orgmode

> Is there a way to get only the :LAST_REPEAT: prop logged, without the
> ever-growing list?

I guess you can try to play with org-log-done and org-log-repeat variables.

Best,
Ihor

* Re: logrepeat only logging LAST_REPEAT
@ 2021-01-20 14:42   ` Michael Heerdegen
From: Michael Heerdegen @ 2021-01-20 14:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ihor Radchenko; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

> > Is there a way to get only the :LAST_REPEAT: prop logged, without the
> > ever-growing list?
>
> I guess you can try to play with org-log-done and org-log-repeat
> variables.

Thanks.  But as far as I recall, that's what I already tried and it
didn't help.

As far as I understand, the logging is implemented in
`org-auto-repeat-maybe', and the thing I do not want is caused by the
`org-add-log-setup' call, and that is done unconditionally unless
`org-log-repeat's value is nil.  Which I don't want because this would
also disable the "LAST_REPEAT" property setting.

Thanks,

@ 2021-01-20 15:23     ` Ihor Radchenko
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2021-01-20 15:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Heerdegen; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

> As far as I understand, the logging is implemented in
> `org-auto-repeat-maybe', and the thing I do not want is caused by the
> `org-add-log-setup' call, and that is done unconditionally unless
> `org-log-repeat's value is nil.  Which I don't want because this would
> also disable the "LAST_REPEAT" property setting.

You are right. Since this is hard-coded, you may have to use :around
advice to disable org-log-setup:

(cl-letf (((symbol-function org-log-setup) (lambda (&rest _) nil))) <call org-auto-repeat-maybe>)

Best,
Ihor

* Re: logrepeat only logging LAST_REPEAT
@ 2021-01-20 15:34       ` Michael Heerdegen
From: Michael Heerdegen @ 2021-01-20 15:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ihor Radchenko; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

> You are right. Since this is hard-coded, you may have to use :around
> advice to disable org-log-setup: [...]

Do you think others may want the same and it could be worth to implement
this feature?

@ 2021-01-21  2:48         ` Ihor Radchenko
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2021-01-21  2:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Heerdegen; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

> Do you think others may want the same and it could be worth to implement
> this feature?

It should be not too hard to implement. For example, one can add another
possible value of org-log-repeat. Patches welcome ;)

Best,
Ihor