emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
 help / color / mirror / code / Atom feed
* Plea for reviews/action on my Patches
@ 2021-04-25  8:04 Timothy
  2021-04-28  6:47 ` Bastien
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 3+ messages in thread
From: Timothy @ 2021-04-25  8:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: org-mode-email

Hi Everyone,

This is a very me-centric email, but I've got a collection patches that
have received little attention (1 of the past 9 patches I've submitted
has been reviewed by a core contributor, 6 have zero replies). I care
about them, and I think it would be good if they were looked at.

So, I'm going to list those patches here, organised by topic.

* Rendering in/of Org buffers

- [PATCH] Fontification for inline src blocks (Mar 31)
  https://orgmode.org/list/87pmzf4bd0.fsf@gmail.com/

- [PATCH] Add font-lock rule for inline export snippets (Mar 31)
  https://orgmode.org/list/87im57fh8j.fsf@gmail.com/

- [PATCH] Refresh inline plotted images, org-plot (Apr 24)
  https://orgmode.org/list/87r1j0mg56.fsf@gmail.com/

* Documentation

- [PATCH] Improve documentation of #+startup keyword (Mar 19)
  https://orgmode.org/list/874kh72vrl.fsf@gmail.com/

* Exporting

- [PATCH] tweaks to ox-html style (Jan 20)
  https://orgmode.org/list/87turbj2nu.fsf@gmail.com/
  This is commented on a fair bit, but unresolved.
  If the CTAGS stuff is contentious I'd rather that's
  just ignored and the rest is merged.

- [PATCH] Use <img> tags for SVGs (Apr 7)
  https://orgmode.org/list/87k0pemj6d.fsf@gmail.com/

- [PATCH] avoid loading major modes when exporting to file (Mar 31)
  https://orgmode.org/list/87lfa3fips.fsf@gmail.com/

- [PATCH] Wrap LaTeX snippets in $$ with markdown export (Apr 1)
  https://orgmode.org/list/87ft0bff7q.fsf@gmail.com/

I also have some more patches lined up, and I'd rather my number of
unresolved patches stayed out of the double digits.

--
Timothy


^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 3+ messages in thread

* Re: Plea for reviews/action on my Patches
  2021-04-25  8:04 Plea for reviews/action on my Patches Timothy
@ 2021-04-28  6:47 ` Bastien
  2021-04-28  7:30   ` Timothy
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 3+ messages in thread
From: Bastien @ 2021-04-28  6:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Timothy; +Cc: org-mode-email

Hi Timothy,

Timothy <tecosaur@gmail.com> writes:

> This is a very me-centric email

Hehe.

> but I've got a collection patches that
> have received little attention (1 of the past 9 patches I've submitted
> has been reviewed by a core contributor, 6 have zero replies). I care
> about them, and I think it would be good if they were looked at.

As a newly appointed contributor steward, together with Tim and John,
you are of course welcome bumping your own threads ;-}

I suggest you rather bump them individually: sending such a digest
will scatter the discussion in separate places.  (I'm raising some
points below, but please follow-up in the upstream thread.)

> So, I'm going to list those patches here, organised by topic.
>
> * Rendering in/of Org buffers
>
> - [PATCH] Fontification for inline src blocks (Mar 31)
>   https://orgmode.org/list/87pmzf4bd0.fsf@gmail.com/
>
> - [PATCH] Add font-lock rule for inline export snippets (Mar 31)
>   https://orgmode.org/list/87im57fh8j.fsf@gmail.com/

Let's be extra careful for anything that touches fontification:
did you check the patch was not slowing the display?  How efficient is
it with many inline blocks?  Can we turn this off if we don't use
inline blocks at all?

> - [PATCH] Refresh inline plotted images, org-plot (Apr 24)
>   https://orgmode.org/list/87r1j0mg56.fsf@gmail.com/

You're the maintainer, please go ahead.

> * Documentation
>
> - [PATCH] Improve documentation of #+startup keyword (Mar 19)
>   https://orgmode.org/list/874kh72vrl.fsf@gmail.com/

Dismissed.

> * Exporting
>
> - [PATCH] tweaks to ox-html style (Jan 20)
>   https://orgmode.org/list/87turbj2nu.fsf@gmail.com/
>   This is commented on a fair bit, but unresolved.
>   If the CTAGS stuff is contentious I'd rather that's
>   just ignored and the rest is merged.

Done.

> - [PATCH] Use <img> tags for SVGs (Apr 7)
>   https://orgmode.org/list/87k0pemj6d.fsf@gmail.com/

Done.

> - [PATCH] avoid loading major modes when exporting to file (Mar 31)
>   https://orgmode.org/list/87lfa3fips.fsf@gmail.com/

Can you make sure loading major modes while exporting is *never*
needed?  My gut feeling is that it is, sometimes.  Also I suggest 
Nicolas should be the one to validate such a patch.

> - [PATCH] Wrap LaTeX snippets in $$ with markdown export (Apr 1)
>   https://orgmode.org/list/87ft0bff7q.fsf@gmail.com/

I'll let Nicolas decide about this one too.

> I also have some more patches lined up, and I'd rather my number of
> unresolved patches stayed out of the double digits.

Let's focus on all the help requests and issues: the more free time
you liberate from the core maintainers, the more free time they will
have on dealing with new stuff (I'm stating the obvious, sorry.)

Thanks!

-- 
 Bastien


^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 3+ messages in thread

* Re: Plea for reviews/action on my Patches
  2021-04-28  6:47 ` Bastien
@ 2021-04-28  7:30   ` Timothy
  0 siblings, 0 replies; 3+ messages in thread
From: Timothy @ 2021-04-28  7:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: org-mode-email


Thanks for getting back to me on this Bastien :)

Bastien <bzg@gnu.org> writes:

> I suggest you rather bump them individually: sending such a digest
> will scatter the discussion in separate places.  (I'm raising some
> points below, but please follow-up in the upstream thread.)

I have responded to your point in the relevant threads, where appropriate.

> [Fontification]

See original threads for a response.

> You're the maintainer, please go ahead.
> Dismissed.
> Done.
> Done.

4 resolved just like that, great!

> [Major modes]
> [$$ in markdown]

Will respond in-thread.

>> I also have some more patches lined up, and I'd rather my number of
>> unresolved patches stayed out of the double digits.
>
> Let's focus on all the help requests and issues: the more free time
> you liberate from the core maintainers, the more free time they will
> have on dealing with new stuff (I'm stating the obvious, sorry.)

Don't worry, I don't /just/ pump out new features for maintainers to
review :P. My next two patches I anticipate being bugfixes actually :) 

I will confess that after that I do have more "new stuff", but hopefully
I'll be able to reduce the workload somewhat in my new role as a
contributor steward.

--
Timothy


^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 3+ messages in thread

end of thread, other threads:[~2021-04-28  7:31 UTC | newest]

Thread overview: 3+ messages (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2021-04-25  8:04 Plea for reviews/action on my Patches Timothy
2021-04-28  6:47 ` Bastien
2021-04-28  7:30   ` Timothy

Code repositories for project(s) associated with this inbox:

	https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs/org-mode.git

This is a public inbox, see mirroring instructions
for how to clone and mirror all data and code used for this inbox;
as well as URLs for read-only IMAP folder(s) and NNTP newsgroup(s).