From: Bastien <bzg@gnu.org>
To: Jean Louis <bugs@gnu.support>
Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Moving some lisp/ob-*.el files to org-contrib - your advice?
Date: Thu, 06 May 2021 11:39:14 +0200	[thread overview]

Jean Louis <bugs@gnu.support> writes:

> If those files have copyrights submitted, should they not end up in
> GNU ELPA?

Many of the authors for files in org-contrib did not want to assign
their copyright to the FSF.

That's one of the reasons behind the contrib/ directory in the first
place.

Also, org-contrib in NonGNU ELPA will be a transitory package: once
all the files there find a maintainer and another place where to be
hosted, I'll delete the package and the repository.

> If there are no copyrights, then I hope maintainers would include it
> in NonGNU ELPA.
>
> Is that intention?

Yes, as a transitory stage to help people install it.

Unless someone wants to maintain all the files in org-contrib and the
NonGNU ELPA package.

--
 Bastien