* [org-cite] next steps for documentation?
@ 2021-09-30 16:20 Bruce D'Arcus
From: Bruce D'Arcus @ 2021-09-30 16:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: org-mode-email

We have some initial documentation for org-cite included in the manual
to accompany the release of Org 9.5.

https://orgmode.org/manual/Citation-handling.html#Citation-handling

But it still needs a fair bit of work.

Questions:

1. What else should/must be added to the manual?
2. What might we instead add to Worg?

My view on 1:

1. input format discussion (bibtex, biblatex, CSL JSON)
2. styles/variants, ideally with a table like Timothy has in his
recent blog post [1]
3. how to use the oc-basic insert processor

Bruce

[1] https://blog.tecosaur.com/tmio/2021-07-31-citations.html

* Re: [org-cite] next steps for documentation?
@ 2021-10-02  4:33 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2021-10-02  4:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bruce D'Arcus; +Cc: org-mode-email

Hi Bruce,

thanks for leading this efforts.

"Bruce D'Arcus" <bdarcus@gmail.com> writes:

> We have some initial documentation for org-cite included in the manual
> to accompany the release of Org 9.5.
>
> https://orgmode.org/manual/Citation-handling.html#Citation-handling
>
> But it still needs a fair bit of work.

Note that all documentation enhancements should go in the main branch,
not in the bugfix branch, for which we need to be very conservative,
as the bugfix branch will go in Emacs 28.1.

--
 Bastien