M. ‘quintus’ Gülker writes: >> It sounds reasonable to allow macros inside citation references. >> Maybe we also want to allow other things. Maybe simply allow all objects >> but other citations, line-breaks, and table-cells? > > I have no strong opinion on this. I certainly do not need tables inside > citations. If it is easy to just permit everything except what you > named, I would say just allow it. Maybe someone has use for it. Maybe > footnotes inside [cite:] construct should also not be allowed, at least > for footnote-based styles. See the attached WIP patch. Note that I also removed link as our tests explicitly test against having links inside citation references. However, I can see how links can be useful in prefix/suffix... I am wondering what was the rationale behind disallowing so many objects inside citation references.