Hello, just realized that it is ok if I open the file ox-rst.el and evaluate the hole buffer. I do have (require 'ox-rst) in my .emacs file and I have evaluated that a number of times, but for some reason the rst backend is only registered with the Org dispatch when evaluating the ox-rst.el buffer itself. Any idea why this could be? Thanks, -- Ángel de Vicente Research Software Engineer (Supercomputing and BigData) Tel.: +34 922-605-747 Web.: http://research.iac.es/proyecto/polmag/ GPG: 0x8BDC390B69033F52