Hi Ihor, >> As a result of this issue (plus other issues with xelatex), I’m >> considering adding an option to specify different LaTeX compilers for >> previews and exports, with the default option continuing to be >> the value of `org-latex-compiler’. > > I am not sure if it is a good idea. > I can easily see Lualatex-specific preamble simply failing to work on > Latex. Or things being rendered wrongly. > > One option could be trying pdflatex first and falling back to the > default compiler on failure. But only as non-default option. To be clear, the default will be “use the same preview compiler as document compiler”, but the hassles we’re currently experiencing with XeLaTeX/LuaLaTeX make us think it could be worth adding an override option. All the best, Timothy -- Timothy (‘tecosaur’/‘TEC’), Org mode contributor. Learn more about Org mode at . Support Org development at , or support my work at .