From: Ihor Radchenko <yantar92@posteo.net>
To: Psionic K <psionik@positron.solutions>
Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: [TASK] Re: Link translation & relative path export_file_name
Date: Sun, 05 Nov 2023 11:52:07 +0000	[thread overview]

Psionic K <psionik@positron.solutions> writes:

> When using an +#export_file_name directive, is it possible to have links
> translated to match the directory offset of the target?
> The links in the org document are correct.  The links in the resulting
> markdown are not translated, and break.

You can use a custom filter.
Unfortunately, adding such filter universally is tricky - when
publishing, relative links to files are currently expected to remain
valid as the publishing also moves the referenced files to the publishing
directory. If we update the relative links according to the exported
file location, this behaviour will be broken.

I think that the right approach will be updating the file links during
ordinary export and then handling the updated links specially during
publishing. Patches welcome.

> The manual has a slightly different problem.  I need to translate it as if
> it will be exported to the root directory even though it's always in the
> doc directory.  The links don't seem useful, and turning them off may be
> more correct.  I haven't gotten a lot of experience with drafting texinfo
> yet.

You may consider using ox-publish - it is designed with multiple files
being exported in mind and allows setting target directory where the
necessary files will be copied over.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,