* Navigation via headlines, with completion?
@ 2009-02-05 19:38 Mike Buksas
From: Mike Buksas @ 2009-02-05 19:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi all,

To navigate to a specific header, I'm using org-refile with the prefix
argument and a :maxlevel entry in org-refile-targets high enough to
cover the maximum depth of the tree. This gives me a 'flat' view of
all the headlines in the file with completion.

Am I missing a more natural approach? I'd really like to get top-down
completion like remember provides when you interactively select a
filing point, but just for navigation. This is also something like
org-goto, but with header completion instead of searching against the
text or physically moving though the file.

Oh, and I'm using 6.10c, would an upgrade make this easier?

Thanks,
Mike

Mike Buksas -- mike.buksas@gmail.com -- www.buksas.net