* New :base-extension parameter: :none
@ 2009-02-12 15:07 Richard KLINDA
From: Richard KLINDA @ 2009-02-12 15:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello, I don't use filename extensions for my org files and I could not
publish my files that way because you have to give a string parameter to
:base-extension.

I modified the org-publish-get-base-files function to support a :none
keyword, that means that every file gets exported (except those thats
name start with a dot):

,----
|        '("test" . (:base-directory "~/test/"
|                    :base-extension :none  ;; <---- new :none keyword
|                    :publishing-directory "/tmp/"
|                    :with-section-numbers nil
|                    :table-of-contents nil
|                    ))
`----

Here is the modified function, 2 lines changed (look for the "<-----").
Carsten, please include this change in the next version of Org if you
think it's ok, thank you.

,----
`----

--
Udv, Richard

* Re: New :base-extension parameter: :none
@ 2009-02-12 17:14 ` Daniel Clemente
From: Daniel Clemente @ 2009-02-12 17:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Richard KLINDA; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Richard KLINDA <rklinda@gmail.com> writes:
> ,----
> |        '("test" . (:base-directory "~/test/"
> |                    :base-extension :none  ;; <---- new :none keyword

  Shouldn't that be
:base-extension 'none
  with a symbol instead of a keyword? I think : is for KEYwords, symbols that are going to be used as keys in a hash table.

* Re: New :base-extension parameter: :none
@ 2009-02-12 17:16   ` Daniel Clemente
From: Daniel Clemente @ 2009-02-12 17:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Richard KLINDA; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Daniel Clemente <n142857@gmail.com> writes:
>   Shouldn't that be
> :base-extension 'none
>   with a symbol instead of a keyword? I think : is for KEYwords, symbols that are going to be used as keys in a hash table.

Actually... don't we have nil for that?

* Re: New :base-extension parameter: :none
@ 2009-02-12 17:30   ` Richard KLINDA
From: Richard KLINDA @ 2009-02-12 17:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

  > Richard KLINDA <rklinda@gmail.com> writes:
  >> ,---- | '("test" . (:base-directory "~/test/" :base-extension :none
  >> | ;; <---- new :none keyword

  > Shouldn't that be :base-extension 'none with a symbol instead of a
  > keyword?

'none is fine with me too, Carsten please change the symbol to 'none if
you think that is more in line with org conventions.

  > I think : is for KEYwords, symbols that are going to be used as keys
  > in a hash table.

Actually no, you can use keywords in situations like this, keywords are
just symbols that evaluate to themselves, it's simply a stylistic choice.

--

@ 2009-02-12 17:32     ` Richard KLINDA
From: Richard KLINDA @ 2009-02-12 17:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

,----[ org-publish.el ]
| 	 (extension (or (plist-get project-plist :base-extension) "org"))
`----

Nil (default case) gets replaced by "org" string, so we have to have
something else for the none case.

--
Udv, Richard