Carsten Dominik writes: > Hi Dan, > > maybe the easiest way to implement this would be a -i (or whatever) > switch a the src block. Thanks, I have gone ahead with your suggestion. As you suggest, I've added a -i switch that prevents the indentation of a block from being removed during export. If the variable org-src-preserve-indentation[1] is non-nil, then that is equivalent to having a -i switch on every source block. Then the issue remained that an org-exp-block plugin is unable to return a block with the original indentation if the indentation is removed before it receives it. So I have made that indentation removal contingent on the same criteria (non-nil variable or -i switch). Those 2 commits are in branch ded-indent at git://repo.or.cz/org-mode/babel.git, and also pasted below. Dan Footnotes: [1] org-src-preserve-indentation also acts in org-src-mode, where it prevents indentation from being removed when switching between org and language mode buffers.