* MobileOrg Android 0.5.0 - Now with native Dropbox support!
@ 2010-12-22  0:25 Matthew Jones
From: Matthew Jones @ 2010-12-22  0:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Merry Christmas to all MobileOrg Android users... I am pleased to announce
the 0.5.0 release of MobileOrg for Android.

This release includes support for Dropbox which is the single most requested
feature.  I actually finished writing the code for this a few weeks ago, but
it has taken a little while for the Dropbox folks to approve it for release.

This release also includes some bug fixes, although I have not yet managed
to get a handle on the SSL bug if the CA is not recognized by the Android
OS.   I'm planning this for the 0.5.1 release

Also included in this release is some basic scripting for calling the
Capture interface from outside of the application, see this URL:

https://github.com/matburt/mobileorg-android/wiki/Scripting

for an example of how to use this from the Android Scripting Interface (now
called SL4A)

You can either download directly from the market or find a direct download
link to the APK on the wiki (for those who don't have access to the Market):

https://github.com/matburt/mobileorg-android/wiki

There are some really great features coming in the near future, including
better support for capturing notes with TODO, Priority, and Tags and support
for editing the body of an Org entry.  I'm also working on a UI overhaul
that should make things more attractive and easier to use.

Merry Christmas and, as always, please report any bugs or features on
Github: https://github.com/matburt/mobileorg-android/issues

http://matburt.net

* Re: MobileOrg Android 0.5.0 - Now with native Dropbox support!
@ 2010-12-22  1:07 ` Erik Iverson
From: Erik Iverson @ 2010-12-22  1:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Matthew Jones; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On 12/21/2010 06:25 PM, Matthew Jones wrote:
> Merry Christmas to all MobileOrg Android users... I am pleased to announce the
> 0.5.0 release of MobileOrg for Android.

Great, looking forward to trying it out!

> This release includes support for Dropbox which is the single most requested
> feature.  I actually finished writing the code for this a few weeks ago, but it
> has taken a little while for the Dropbox folks to approve it for release.

Can you briefly describe what this approval process it about?  As in, what
exactly are they approving of?  That you use their trademarked name in the
app perhaps?

* Re: MobileOrg Android 0.5.0 - Now with native Dropbox support!
@ 2010-12-22  1:54   ` Matthew Jones
From: Matthew Jones @ 2010-12-22  1:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Erik Iverson; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

The approval process is to ensure that the app meets their usage guidelines:

https://www.dropbox.com/developers/announcements/6

See the section "Approval Process..."

I think the most important thing is that they want to know that I will only
store the auth tokens instead of your actual username and password

http://matburt.net

@ 2010-12-30 11:23 ` Sven Bretfeld
From: Sven Bretfeld @ 2010-12-30 11:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Matthew Jones; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Dear Matthew

Thank you very much for this present. Thank you also for all the good
work you have done for making MobileOrg on Android possible.

For the first time ever I also have syncing problems which takes about
four times longer than before (filesize hasn't changed). I will give you
a report on the issues-site. Anyway, I will switch from webdav to the
Dropbox solution in a few days.

I remember that it was possible to edit an org file directly within
MobileOrg in one of the earlier versions. This seems to have been
dropped now. We can go down to the file level, but it is read-only. Do I
remember right? Or does this depend on my switch from "sdcard" to
"internal" some weeks ago?

Best wishes and a happy new year to all

Sven