* Repeating Task Exception
@ 2011-05-18 13:43 David Neu
From: David Neu @ 2011-05-18 13:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

I was wondering if there was a way to add an "exception" to a
repeating entry such as

Weekly Meeting <2011-05-04 Wed 13:30-14:00 +1w>

i..e I'd like to be able to insert a line that indicates when this
event will *not* occur.

Many thanks!

Cheers.
David

* Re: Repeating Task Exception
@ 2011-05-18 13:51 ` Bernt Hansen
From: Bernt Hansen @ 2011-05-18 13:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Neu; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

David Neu <david@davidneu.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I was wondering if there was a way to add an "exception" to a
> repeating entry such as
>
> Weekly Meeting <2011-05-04 Wed 13:30-14:00 +1w>
>
> i..e I'd like to be able to insert a line that indicates when this
> event will *not* occur.
>
> Many thanks!
>
> Cheers.
> David

That's not currently supported.  To handle this I clone the subtree with
time shift and remove the meetings that are cancelled.

-Bernt

* Re: Repeating Task Exception
@ 2011-05-18 13:54   ` David Neu
From: David Neu @ 2011-05-18 13:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bernt Hansen; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

OK, thanks.

@ 2011-05-23 17:24   ` Matt Lundin
From: Matt Lundin @ 2011-05-23 17:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bernt Hansen; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Bernt Hansen <bernt@norang.ca> writes:

> David Neu <david@davidneu.com> writes:
>
>> I was wondering if there was a way to add an "exception" to a
>> repeating entry such as
>>
>> Weekly Meeting <2011-05-04 Wed 13:30-14:00 +1w>
>>
>> i..e I'd like to be able to insert a line that indicates when this
>> event will *not* occur.
>>
> That's not currently supported.  To handle this I clone the subtree with
> time shift and remove the meetings that are cancelled.

More complex calendar entries are supported (with limited functionality)
through the use of diary sexps. In particular, the org-diary-class sexp
(part of org-mode) was created to scenarios like the one above:

http://orgmode.org/worg/org-faq.html#org-diary-class

HTH,
Matt