Hi Suvayu, Suvayu Ali writes: > That said, the problem I am facing is org-export-with-tags evaluates to > not-in-toc irrespective of what is set by the tags: option (see for > example the test file earlier in the thread). So effectively the test > is not checking what it is supposed to check. So I was wondering > whether I missed something I should be doing. The problem is that `org-export-with-tags' is a global option, storing the default value for any buffer (and _a fortiori_ any subtree) -- while you want to check local options, which may be different at export time. Local options are stored in a `org-export-opt-plist'. You get the value of the "tags:" option by checking the property list like this: (plist-get org-export-opt-plist :tags)) Hence the patch below, which you can try to make sure it does what you want. Thanks!