* [babel]  PROPERTY doesn't do what BABEL did
@ 2011-12-14 23:04 cberry
From: cberry @ 2011-12-14 23:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I would like to get the same behavior as when I export a file with (say)
these three lines:

#+begin_src emacs-lisp :var foo=1 :var bar=2 :results value :exports both
  (+ foo bar)
#+end_src

But I'd like to set a buffer wide PROPERTY to achieve that as with a
file with these lines:

#+property: var  foo=1
#+property: var+ bar=2

#+begin_src emacs-lisp :results value :exports both
(+ foo bar)
#+end_src

it throws an error under 7.8.02 (downloaded as tar.gz) when I try to export
it with 'C-c C-e a yes RET' :

          progn: Symbol's value as variable is void: foo

Other trials seem to show that #+PROPERTY: is ignored by the src blocks

I'd really like to get something that does what BABEL used to do as I
have a lot of code that relies on that behavior. :-(

Chuck

---

* Re: [babel]  PROPERTY doesn't do what BABEL did
@ 2011-12-15  1:12 ` Eric Schulte
From: Eric Schulte @ 2011-12-15  1:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cberry; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

cberry@tajo.ucsd.edu writes:

> I would like to get the same behavior as when I export a file with (say)
> these three lines:
>
> #+begin_src emacs-lisp :var foo=1 :var bar=2 :results value :exports both
>   (+ foo bar)
> #+end_src
>
> But I'd like to set a buffer wide PROPERTY to achieve that as with a
> file with these lines:
>
> #+property: var  foo=1
> #+property: var+ bar=2
> #+begin_src emacs-lisp :results value :exports both
> (+ foo bar)
> #+end_src

The above works on my system.  You may want to try C-c C-c on one of the
property lines so that Org-mode re-reads them (it does this
automatically upon opening an Org-mode file).

Best,

--
Eric Schulte
http://cs.unm.edu/~eschulte/

* Re: [babel]  PROPERTY doesn't do what BABEL did
@ 2011-12-15  4:32   ` cberry
From: cberry @ 2011-12-15  4:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Eric Schulte <eric.schulte@gmx.com> writes:

> cberry@tajo.ucsd.edu writes:
>
>> I would like to get the same behavior as when I export a file with (say)
>> these three lines:
>>
>> #+begin_src emacs-lisp :var foo=1 :var bar=2 :results value :exports both
>>   (+ foo bar)
>> #+end_src
>>
>> But I'd like to set a buffer wide PROPERTY to achieve that as with a
>> file with these lines:
>>
>> #+property: var  foo=1
>> #+property: var+ bar=2
>> #+begin_src emacs-lisp :results value :exports both
>> (+ foo bar)
>> #+end_src
>>

> The above works on my system.  You may want to try C-c C-c on one of the
> property lines so that Org-mode re-reads them (it does this
> automatically upon opening an Org-mode file).

Eric,

That did it.

So when editting #+PROPERTY lines, C-c C-c on one of them to update the
settings.

I see this documented in org-ctrl-c-ctrl-c now.

But I missed it in the manual.

Thanks,

Chuck