* Drawers within inline tasks
@ 2012-01-27 22:46 Viktor Rosenfeld
From: Viktor Rosenfeld @ 2012-01-27 22:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi everybody,

I recently discovered inline tasks and use them to keep todos that are
related to a text I write close to the text. I'm not a big fan of their
visibility behavior, but I think I can manage.

I would very much like to clock work on inline tasks. However, when
opening a tasks with inline tasks the LOGBOOK drawer is opened as well
producing a lot of clutter. The same is true for the PROPERTIES drawer
containing the effort estimate. Is it possible to keep drawers below an
inline task collapsed?

Ideally I would like to be able to configure the visibility behavior of
inline tasks. I think I would prefer them to behave just like normal
tasks.

Thanks,
Viktor

* Re: Drawers within inline tasks
@ 2012-01-28 15:13 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2012-01-28 15:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi Viktor,

Viktor Rosenfeld <listuser36@googlemail.com> writes:

> Ideally I would like to be able to configure the visibility behavior of
> inline tasks. I think I would prefer them to behave just like normal
> tasks.

Unfolding an inline task now keeps the drawers folded.

Thanks for the suggestion,

--
 Bastien

* Re: Drawers within inline tasks
@ 2012-01-28 16:02   ` Viktor Rosenfeld
From: Viktor Rosenfeld @ 2012-01-28 16:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi Bastien,

Bastien wrote:

> Unfolding an inline task now keeps the drawers folded.

Thanks for the quick patch, but there's a small problem. The drawer is
collapsed if the inline task is opened, but not if the parent task is
opened.

Example:

* Parent Task
*************** Inline Task
:PROPERTIES:
:Effort: 0:15
:END:
*************** END

Pressing TAB on Inline Task keeps the property drawer collapsed.
Pressing TAB on Parent Task opens it.

Cheers,

@ 2012-01-28 23:22     ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2012-01-28 23:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi Viktor,

Viktor Rosenfeld <listuser36@googlemail.com> writes:

> Thanks for the quick patch, but there's a small problem. The drawer is
> collapsed if the inline task is opened, but not if the parent task is
> opened.
>
> Example:
>
> * Parent Task
> *************** Inline Task
> :PROPERTIES:
> :Effort: 0:15
> :END:
> *************** END
>
> Pressing TAB on Inline Task keeps the property drawer collapsed.
> Pressing TAB on Parent Task opens it.

Fixed, thanks.

I first didn't take care of this because it seemed logical to
show all the content of an inline task here: the purpose of the
inline task is to stay out of the hierarchical structure, such
a task is *not* a subtree...  so the real content of "Parent task"
is all the text below -- whether it contains inline tasks or not.

But I can see that it's not visually consistent with the habit
of keeping stuff folded, so let's go that way.

Thanks for reporting this,

--
 Bastien

* Re: Drawers within inline tasks
@ 2012-01-29  2:02       ` Viktor Rosenfeld
From: Viktor Rosenfeld @ 2012-01-29  2:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi Bastien,

Bastien wrote:

> Fixed, thanks.
>
> I first didn't take care of this because it seemed logical to
> show all the content of an inline task here: the purpose of the
> inline task is to stay out of the hierarchical structure, such
> a task is *not* a subtree...  so the real content of "Parent task"
> is all the text below -- whether it contains inline tasks or not.

I was initially irritated by this behaviour because I kept some plain
lists inside inline tasks, but now I can see the advantages of having
them always stand out. And I can always put stuff in a drawer now.

> Thanks for reporting this,

Thank you for your work!

@ 2012-04-20  9:12       ` Viktor Rosenfeld
From: Viktor Rosenfeld @ 2012-04-20  9:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

when I open the parent task of an inline task drawers are not folded
anymore. Not sure when this regression occured.

Cheers,
Viktor

@ 2012-04-20 10:56         ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2012-04-20 10:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi Viktor,

Viktor Rosenfeld <listuser36@googlemail.com> writes:

> when I open the parent task of an inline task drawers are not folded
> anymore. Not sure when this regression occured.

Allowing tihs was causing performance regression in
`org-cycle-internal-local'.

If you can provide a patch that let `org-cycle-internal-local' without
any performance regression, please do.

 Bastien

* Re: Drawers within inline tasks
@ 2012-04-20 16:15           ` Viktor Rosenfeld
From: Viktor Rosenfeld @ 2012-04-20 16:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi Bastien,

Bastien wrote:

> Hi Viktor,
>
> Viktor Rosenfeld <listuser36@googlemail.com> writes:
>
> > when I open the parent task of an inline task drawers are not folded
> > anymore. Not sure when this regression occured.
>
> Allowing tihs was causing performance regression in
> `org-cycle-internal-local'.
>
> If you can provide a patch that let `org-cycle-internal-local' without
> any performance regression, please do.

I'm afraid that my lisp-fu is not up to that. :(

Cheers,
Viktor