Achim Gratz writes: > Eric Schulte writes: >> This attached alternate patch introduces two new compatibility macros >> named `org-flet' and `org-labels' in org-macs.el. These macros are >> aliased to the appropriate cl macro depending on the version of Emacs in >> use. > > Wouldn't you want to use defmacro instead of defalias? > Why? Using `defalias' seems simpler because with `defmacro' I would have to copy the macro arguments and stub out a trivial macro body. Also, this way the version check only happens once (at load time), rather than every time the macro is called. > > Also, I'd think that these two macros should go into org-compat.el > instead of org-macs.el. > Agreed, I forgot about org-compat. The alternate patch below moves these definitions from org-macs.el to org-compat.el. Thanks,