Hi Carsten, Carsten Dominik writes: > I am wondering if the following feature would be useful as well: Context > sensitivity sounds most interesting to me if the same key would do > different things in different contexts. I am not sure if this is possible > with the current implementation? For example, I might want to have a bug > recording key which creates an entry in a bug tracker file, but the file is > different for different source files, and also the template and target type > definitions might be different in different contexts. > > That would require a setup which defines a selection letter, and then an a > list of (sets of) conditions and the corresponding template > definition. I implemented this, relying on the existing contexts options. Please have a go with the attached patch. I copy the comment from the commit log: In the setup below, X is not a real capture template, it is just an alias to templates A and B in .txt and .el files. A and B are deactivated by default in all files. (setq org-capture-templates '(("X" "Nothing but an alias") ("A" "AAAA" entry (file+headline [...])) ("B" "BBBB" entry (file+headline [...])))) (setq org-capture-templates-contexts '(("A" "A" ((not-in-file . ".*"))) ("B" "B" ((not-in-file . ".*"))) ("X" "A" ((in-file . "\\.txt"))) ("X" "B" ((in-file . "\\.el"))))) I find this quite handy... let me know what you think!