Hi Eric, Eric Abrahamsen writes: > 《蛙》 > 123456 > > Doesn't that line up for you? Those bracket characters come with their > own "whitespace", maybe this is clearer: > > 正能量 > 123456 The chinese line and the 123456 one are not of the same visual/geometrical width for me, even if they both count as 6 characters. See the screenshots, where you can see it quickly. > One Chinese character should definitely take up two screen columns. Not for me... perhaps that's because I don't have a monospace font for chinese characters? Do you? > I'd love to file a bug report but I honestly don't know where this comes > from. If it's not org-add-props or relatives, what emacs function is > responsible? Unless you don't see the difference I observe here on my screen, this may be a bug in Emacs internal display engine.