* seeing ??? in Ccaa rather than file name
@ 2013-02-23 15:06 J. David Boyd
From: J. David Boyd @ 2013-02-23 15:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I'm using Org-mode version 7.9.3e (7.9.3e-1194-g43c8aa @
/home/dave/.emacs.d/org/lisp/), just got the latest pull this morning,
and now when I generate an agenda, I'm getting lines like

              10:04...... now  - - - - - !
  ???:        12:00...... Scheduled:  TODO [#B] Change oil
              12:00...... ----------------
              14:00...... ----------------
              16:00...... ----------------
              18:00...... ----------------
              20:00...... ----------------
              22:00...... ----------------
              24:00...... ----------------
02-24 (Sun)
02-25 (Mon)
  ???:        12:00...... Scheduled:  TODO Taxes

rather than seeing the files that contain the scheduled items.   It was
fine yesterday, so it has to be something in the git pull from this
morning.

Thought I'd throw that out there and see if anyone else sees this
problem.

I also noticed, and I don't think it ever did this before, when I put
the cursor on a listed item in the agenda, the file name shows up in the
message area.   Has it always done that?  Maybe the two are related.

Dave

* Re: seeing ??? in Ccaa rather than file name
@ 2013-02-23 15:15 ` J. David Boyd
From: J. David Boyd @ 2013-02-23 15:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Sorry, meant to say 'agenda', not 'Ccaa'

@ 2013-02-23 16:10 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2013-02-23 16:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: J. David Boyd; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi David,

david@adboyd.com (J. David Boyd) writes:

> I'm using Org-mode version 7.9.3e (7.9.3e-1194-g43c8aa @
> /home/dave/.emacs.d/org/lisp/), just got the latest pull this morning,
> and now when I generate an agenda, I'm getting lines like
>
>               10:04...... now  - - - - - !
>   ???:        12:00...... Scheduled:  TODO [#B] Change oil
>               12:00...... ----------------
>               14:00...... ----------------
>               16:00...... ----------------
>               18:00...... ----------------
>               20:00...... ----------------
>               22:00...... ----------------
>               24:00...... ----------------
> 02-24 (Sun)
> 02-25 (Mon)
>   ???:        12:00...... Scheduled:  TODO Taxes

I cannot reproduce this problem.  Can you share a minimal example
(as an .org file) that I can run with emacs -q to see the problem?

> I also noticed, and I don't think it ever did this before, when I put
> the cursor on a listed item in the agenda, the file name shows up in the
> message area.   Has it always done that?  Maybe the two are related.

(setq org-agenda-show-outline-path nil)

to deactivate this.

HTH,

--
 Bastien

* Re: seeing ??? in Ccaa rather than file name
@ 2013-02-23 21:10   ` Florian Beck
From: Florian Beck @ 2013-02-23 21:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: emacs-orgmode, J. David Boyd

Bastien <bzg@altern.org> writes:

>>   ???:        12:00...... Scheduled:  TODO [#B] Change oil
>
> I cannot reproduce this problem.  Can you share a minimal example
> (as an .org file) that I can run with emacs -q to see the problem?

I see the same thing. Categories that would normally set to the file
name are displayed as "???". Presumably because
`org-refresh-category-properties' is called inside
`with-silent-modifications', which let-binds `buffer-file-name'.

--
Florian Beck

* Re: seeing ??? in Ccaa rather than file name
@ 2013-02-24  9:50     ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2013-02-24  9:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Florian Beck; +Cc: emacs-orgmode, J. David Boyd

Hi Florian,

Florian Beck <fb@miszellen.de> writes:

> Bastien <bzg@altern.org> writes:
>

>>>   ???:        12:00...... Scheduled:  TODO [#B] Change oil
>>
>> I cannot reproduce this problem.  Can you share a minimal example
>> (as an .org file) that I can run with emacs -q to see the problem?
>
> I see the same thing. Categories that would normally set to the file
> name are displayed as "???". Presumably because
> `org-refresh-category-properties' is called inside
> `with-silent-modifications', which let-binds `buffer-file-name'.

Thanks for digging this further, I've fixed this now.

--
 Bastien

* Re: seeing ??? in Ccaa rather than file name
@ 2013-02-27 18:55       ` J. David Boyd
From: J. David Boyd @ 2013-02-27 18:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Bastien <bzg@altern.org> writes:

>> I see the same thing. Categories that would normally set to the file
>> name are displayed as "???". Presumably because
>> `org-refresh-category-properties' is called inside
>> `with-silent-modifications', which let-binds `buffer-file-name'.
>
> Thanks for digging this further, I've fixed this now.

Great, so much better!

Thanks,

Dave