* Unable to push to org-mobile
@ 2013-12-13  8:48 Dror Atariah
From: Dror Atariah @ 2013-12-13  8:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs-orgmode

Today I realized that I cannot execute successfully 'org-mobile-push'. In particular here is the output from '*Messages*':

Creating agendas...
Agenda written to Org file /Users/drorata/Dropbox/MobileOrg/agendas.org
Creating agendas...done
Saving all Org-mode buffers...
(No files need saving)
Saving all Org-mode buffers... done
Copying files...
Writing index file...
org-mobile-create-index-file: Wrong type argument: sequencep, :grouptags

I first step I took was to update the package; now 'org-version' yields
"Org-mode version 8.2.4 (8.2.4-3-g7fe99a-elpa @ /Users/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20131209/)". However, problem is still here.

Next I don't really know what to do... I have all my emacs' settings in
https://github.com/drorata/emacs_setup

How can I debug this problem and solve it?

* Re: Unable to push to org-mobile
@ 2013-12-13 15:08 ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2013-12-13 15:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Dror Atariah <drorata@gmail.com> writes:

> Today I realized that I cannot execute successfully 'org-mobile-push'. In particular here is the output from '*Messages*':
>
> Creating agendas...
> Agenda written to Org file /Users/drorata/Dropbox/MobileOrg/agendas.org
> Creating agendas...done
> Saving all Org-mode buffers...
> (No files need saving)
> Saving all Org-mode buffers... done
> Copying files...
> Writing index file...
> org-mobile-create-index-file: Wrong type argument: sequencep, :grouptags
>
> I first step I took was to update the package; now 'org-version' yields
> "Org-mode version 8.2.4 (8.2.4-3-g7fe99a-elpa @ /Users/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20131209/)". However, problem is still
> here.
>
> Next I don't really know what to do... I have all my emacs' settings in
> https://github.com/drorata/emacs_setup
>
> How can I debug this problem and solve it?

In the same way that you debug all such problems: toggle debug-on-error,
try to do org-mobile-push again and look at the resulting backtrace (or
post it so others can look at it).

A shot in the dark: what's the value of org-tag-alist?

Nick

* Re: Unable to push to org-mobile
@ 2013-12-13 19:34   ` Dror Atariah
From: Dror Atariah @ 2013-12-13 19:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nick Dokos; +Cc: Emacs-orgmode

On Dec 13, 2013, at 16:08 PM, Nick Dokos wrote:

> Dror Atariah <drorata@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Today I realized that I cannot execute successfully 'org-mobile-push'. In particular here is the output from '*Messages*':
>>
>> Creating agendas...
>> Agenda written to Org file /Users/drorata/Dropbox/MobileOrg/agendas.org
>> Creating agendas...done
>> Saving all Org-mode buffers...
>> (No files need saving)
>> Saving all Org-mode buffers... done
>> Copying files...
>> Writing index file...
>> org-mobile-create-index-file: Wrong type argument: sequencep, :grouptags
>>
>> I first step I took was to update the package; now 'org-version' yields
>> "Org-mode version 8.2.4 (8.2.4-3-g7fe99a-elpa @ /Users/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20131209/)". However, problem is still
>> here.
>>
>> Next I don't really know what to do... I have all my emacs' settings in
>> https://github.com/drorata/emacs_setup
>>
>> How can I debug this problem and solve it?
>
> In the same way that you debug all such problems: toggle debug-on-error,
> try to do org-mobile-push again and look at the resulting backtrace (or
> post it so others can look at it).
I evaluated (setq debug-on-error t), and then executed org-mobile-push again. There was no output in the *Backtrace* buffer....

> A shot in the dark: what's the value of org-tag-alist?
The value of org-tag-alist is:

(("PRIVATE" . 112)
 (:startgroup)
 ("WORK" . 119)
 (:grouptags)
 ("WORK@mittagseminar" . 109)
 ("WORK@open_questions" . 105)
 ("WORK@diss" . 100)
 ("WORK@CV")
 (:endgroup \.nil)
 (:startgroup)
 ("IT" . 73)
 (:grouptags)
 ("IT@emacs")
 ("IT@git")
 ("IT@TeX")
 (:endgroup)
 (:startgroup)
 ("PROG" . 112)
 (:grouptags)
 ("PROG@mathematica")
 ("PROG@cgal")
 (:endgroup)
 (:endgroup)
 ("4freeTime" . 52))

What should be the next step?

Thanks in advance!
Dror

* Re: Unable to push to org-mobile
@ 2013-12-13 19:51     ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2013-12-13 19:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Dror Atariah <drorata@gmail.com> writes:

> On Dec 13, 2013, at 16:08 PM, Nick Dokos wrote:
>
>> Dror Atariah <drorata@gmail.com> writes:
>>
>>> Today I realized that I cannot execute successfully 'org-mobile-push'. In particular here is the output from '*Messages*':
>>>
>>> Creating agendas...
>>> Agenda written to Org file /Users/drorata/Dropbox/MobileOrg/agendas.org
>>> Creating agendas...done
>>> Saving all Org-mode buffers...
>>> (No files need saving)
>>> Saving all Org-mode buffers... done
>>> Copying files...
>>> Writing index file...
>>> org-mobile-create-index-file: Wrong type argument: sequencep, :grouptags
>>>
>>> I first step I took was to update the package; now 'org-version' yields
>>> "Org-mode version 8.2.4 (8.2.4-3-g7fe99a-elpa @
>>> /Users/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20131209/)". However,
>>> problem is still
>>> here.
>>>
>>> Next I don't really know what to do... I have all my emacs' settings in
>>> https://github.com/drorata/emacs_setup
>>>
>>> How can I debug this problem and solve it?
>>
>> In the same way that you debug all such problems: toggle debug-on-error,
>> try to do org-mobile-push again and look at the resulting backtrace (or
>> post it so others can look at it).
> I evaluated (setq debug-on-error t), and then executed org-mobile-push again. There was no output in the *Backtrace* buffer....

Try deleting the org-mobile.elc file and reloading org-mobile.el. Then
try evaluating

     (let ((debug-on-error t))
          (org-mobile-push))

and see if that gives you a backtrace.

>> A shot in the dark: what's the value of org-tag-alist?
> The value of org-tag-alist is:
>
> (("PRIVATE" . 112)
>  (:startgroup)
>  ("WORK" . 119)
>  (:grouptags)
>  ("WORK@mittagseminar" . 109)
>  ("WORK@open_questions" . 105)
>  ("WORK@diss" . 100)
>  ("WORK@CV")
>  (:endgroup \.nil)
              ^^^^^
This looks strange to me, although it's not clear it would cause the
problem even if it is wrong (which it may or may not be).

Nick

* Re: Unable to push to org-mobile
@ 2013-12-13 20:32       ` Dror Atariah
From: Dror Atariah @ 2013-12-13 20:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nick Dokos; +Cc: Emacs-orgmode

On Dec 13, 2013, at 20:51 PM, Nick Dokos wrote:

> Dror Atariah <drorata@gmail.com> writes:

>>> In the same way that you debug all such problems: toggle debug-on-error,
>>> try to do org-mobile-push again and look at the resulting backtrace (or
>>> post it so others can look at it).
>> I evaluated (setq debug-on-error t), and then executed org-mobile-push again. There was no output in the *Backtrace* buffer....
>>

> Try deleting the org-mobile.elc file and reloading org-mobile.el. Then
> try evaluating
>
>     (let ((debug-on-error t))
>          (org-mobile-push))
>
> and see if that gives you a backtrace.

Managed to get output...

You can find it here: https://gist.github.com/drorata/7950857

I could not find my way in this output... :(

>>> A shot in the dark: what's the value of org-tag-alist?
>> The value of org-tag-alist is:
>>
>> (("PRIVATE" . 112)
>> (:startgroup)
>> ("WORK" . 119)
>> (:grouptags)
>> ("WORK@mittagseminar" . 109)
>> ("WORK@open_questions" . 105)
>> ("WORK@diss" . 100)
>> ("WORK@CV")
>> (:endgroup \.nil)
>              ^^^^^
> This looks strange to me, although it's not clear it would cause the
> problem even if it is wrong (which it may or may not be).
Indeed strange, and probably a typo. There was a missing space. I corrected this before taking the measures you mentioned above.

> Nick

Best,
Dror

* Re: Unable to push to org-mobile
@ 2013-12-13 22:08         ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2013-12-13 22:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Dror Atariah <drorata@gmail.com> writes:

> Managed to get [backtrace] output...
>
> You can find it here: https://gist.github.com/drorata/7950857
>
> I could not find my way in this output... :(

If you look at the top of the backtrace it shows this:

,----
| Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument sequencep :grouptags)
| mapconcat(identity ("PRIVATE" "{" "WORK" :grouptags "WORK@mittagseminar" "WORK@open_questions" "WORK@diss" "WORK@CV" "}" "{" "IT" :grouptags "IT@emacs" "IT@git" "IT@TeX" "}" "{" "PROG" :grouptags "PROG@mathematica" "PROG@cgal" "}" "}" "4freeTime" "bms_friday" "emacs" "interesting_questions" "mittagseminar" "Mittagsseminar" "NOTE" "private" "results" "work" "Yvinec" "Ziegler") " ")
| (insert "#+TAGS: " (mapconcat (quote identity) tags " ") "\n")
| org-mobile-create-index-file()
`----

The mapconcat line can be evaluated on its own - it does not depend on
anything else. If you cut and paste it into your *scratch* buffer and
modify it slightly like this:

(mapconcat 'identity '("PRIVATE" "{" "WORK" :grouptags "WORK@mittagseminar" "WORK@open_questions" "WORK@diss" "WORK@CV" "}" "{" "IT" :grouptags "IT@emacs" "IT@git" "IT@TeX" "}" "{" "PROG" :grouptags "PROG@mathematica" "PROG@cgal" "}" "}" "4freeTime" "bms_friday" "emacs" "interesting_questions" "mittagseminar" "Mittagsseminar" "NOTE" "private" "results" "work" "Yvinec" "Ziegler") " ")

and evaluate it with C-j, you get the exact error. Now look in
org-mobile-create-index-file for the call

      (insert "#+TAGS: " (mapconcat 'identity tags " ") "\n")

You'll find it on line 470 (at least in the version I'm using).
Before this line there is this code:

      (setq def-tags (mapcar
		      (lambda (x)
			(cond ((null x) nil)
			      ((stringp x) x)
			      ((eq (car x) :startgroup) "{")
			      ((eq (car x) :endgroup) "}")
			      ((eq (car x) :newline) nil)
			      ((listp x) (car x))))
		      def-tags))
      (setq def-tags (delq nil def-tags))
      (setq tags (org-delete-all def-tags tags))
      (setq tags (sort tags (lambda (a b) (string< (downcase a) (downcase b)))))
      (setq tags (append def-tags tags nil))
      (insert "#+TAGS: " (mapconcat 'identity tags " ") "\n")

You'll notice that :startgroup is replaced by { , :endgroup is
replaced by } and :newline is deleted - but there is no mention of
:grouptags which leads me to suspect that there should be an extra
line in there, perhaps

     			      ((eq (car x) :grouptags) nil)

Maybe you can try it - better yet, maybe somebody who has some idea of
how org-mobile works should take a look. I note that if I delete the
:grouptags instances in the mapconcat call above, it completes without
error.

Nick

* Re: Unable to push to org-mobile
       [not found] <13008CFE-91B9-4221-9DBB-96157A4A2FC6@gmail.com>
@ 2013-12-14 15:40 ` Dror Atariah
From: Dror Atariah @ 2013-12-14 15:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs-orgmode

On Dec 13, 2013, at 23:08 PM, Nick Dokos wrote:

> Dror Atariah <drorata@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Managed to get [backtrace] output...
>>
>> You can find it here: https://gist.github.com/drorata/7950857
>>
>> I could not find my way in this output... :(
>>

> If you look at the top of the backtrace it shows this:
>
> ,----
> | Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument sequencep :grouptags)
> | mapconcat(identity ("PRIVATE" "{" "WORK" :grouptags "WORK@mittagseminar" "WORK@open_questions" "WORK@diss" "WORK@CV" "}" "{" "IT" :grouptags "IT@emacs" "IT@git" "IT@TeX" "}" "{" "PROG" :grouptags "PROG@mathematica" "PROG@cgal" "}" "}" "4freeTime" "bms_friday" "emacs" "interesting_questions" "mittagseminar" "Mittagsseminar" "NOTE" "private" "results" "work" "Yvinec" "Ziegler") " ")
> | (insert "#+TAGS: " (mapconcat (quote identity) tags " ") "\n")
> | org-mobile-create-index-file()
> `----
>
> The mapconcat line can be evaluated on its own - it does not depend on
> anything else. If you cut and paste it into your *scratch* buffer and
> modify it slightly like this:

> (mapconcat 'identity '("PRIVATE" "{" "WORK" :grouptags "WORK@mittagseminar" "WORK@open_questions" "WORK@diss" "WORK@CV" "}" "{" "IT" :grouptags "IT@emacs" "IT@git" "IT@TeX" "}" "{" "PROG" :grouptags "PROG@mathematica" "PROG@cgal" "}" "}" "4freeTime" "bms_friday" "emacs" "interesting_questions" "mittagseminar" "Mittagsseminar" "NOTE" "private" "results" "work" "Yvinec" "Ziegler") " ")
>
> and evaluate it with C-j, you get the exact error. Now look in
> org-mobile-create-index-file for the call
>

>     (insert "#+TAGS: " (mapconcat 'identity tags " ") "\n")
>
> You'll find it on line 470 (at least in the version I'm using).
> Before this line there is this code:

>     (setq def-tags (mapcar
> 		      (lambda (x)
> 			(cond ((null x) nil)
> 			      ((stringp x) x)
> 			      ((eq (car x) :startgroup) "{")
> 			      ((eq (car x) :endgroup) "}")
> 			      ((eq (car x) :newline) nil)
> 			      ((listp x) (car x))))
> 		      def-tags))
>     (setq def-tags (delq nil def-tags))
>     (setq tags (org-delete-all def-tags tags))
>     (setq tags (sort tags (lambda (a b) (string< (downcase a) (downcase b)))))
>     (setq tags (append def-tags tags nil))
>     (insert "#+TAGS: " (mapconcat 'identity tags " ") "\n")
>
> You'll notice that :startgroup is replaced by { , :endgroup is
> replaced by } and :newline is deleted - but there is no mention of
> :grouptags which leads me to suspect that there should be an extra
> line in there, perhaps
>
>    			      ((eq (car x) :grouptags) nil)
>
> Maybe you can try it - better yet, maybe somebody who has some idea of
> how org-mobile works should take a look. I note that if I delete the
> :grouptags instances in the mapconcat call above, it completes without
> error.
Bingo! Adding this line allowed me to complete org-mobile-push successfully! Amazing. I have three closing questions:

1. What made you look into lines #460-464? Now when you pointed, it is somehow straightforward to check line #470, but there seems to be no indication regarding the broken code.
2. What's next? I believe this is a bug... How can I report it?
3. Finally, in the meanwhile, till the bug-fix is out, what is the best practice to maintain this patch locally?

Thanks a lot for your hand!!!! It was great having it!
Dror

@ 2013-12-14 19:50   ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2013-12-14 19:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Dror Atariah <drorata@gmail.com> writes:

> Bingo! Adding this line allowed me to complete org-mobile-push successfully! Amazing. I have three closing questions:
>
> 1. What made you look into lines #460-464? Now when you pointed, it is
> somehow straightforward to check line #470, but there seems to be no
> indication regarding the broken code.

Well, line 470 uses the variable tags which depends on def-tags which
is set at the top of the function from org-tag-alist, but is then munged
in the setq starting on line 456 - and the munging done there seemed
particularly relevant to the problem you reported.

> 2. What's next? I believe this is a bug... How can I report it?

Consider it reported - thanks for checking it. I'll push the proposed fix later
on today. If it is wrong, we can revert it later, but at least for now
it seems to fix the bug.

> 3. Finally, in the meanwhile, till the bug-fix is out, what is the
> best practice to maintain this patch locally?

See the org FAQ:

  http://orgmode.org/worg/org-faq.html#keeping-local-changes-current-with-Org-mode-development

--
Nick

* Re: Unable to push to org-mobile
@ 2013-12-14 21:06     ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2013-12-14 21:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Nick Dokos <ndokos@gmail.com> writes:

> Dror Atariah <drorata@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> 2. What's next? I believe this is a bug... How can I report it?
>
> Consider it reported - thanks for checking it. I'll push the proposed fix later
> on today. If it is wrong, we can revert it later, but at least for now
> it seems to fix the bug.

I pushed the patch.

--
Nick

* Re: Unable to push to org-mobile
@ 2013-12-15  5:34       ` Dror Atariah
From: Dror Atariah @ 2013-12-15  5:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nick Dokos; +Cc: Emacs-orgmode

On Dec 14, 2013, at 22:06 PM, Nick Dokos wrote:

> Nick Dokos <ndokos@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Dror Atariah <drorata@gmail.com> writes:
>>
>>> 2. What's next? I believe this is a bug... How can I report it?
>>
>> Consider it reported - thanks for checking it. I'll push the proposed fix later
>> on today. If it is wrong, we can revert it later, but at least for now
>> it seems to fix the bug.
>>

> I pushed the patch.

Does it mean that I could update the installation through ELPA tomorrow and the patch will be there?

Thanks for your help!
Dror

* Re: Unable to push to org-mobile
@ 2013-12-15 14:17         ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2013-12-15 14:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Dror Atariah <drorata@gmail.com> writes:

> On Dec 14, 2013, at 22:06 PM, Nick Dokos wrote:
>
>> Nick Dokos <ndokos@gmail.com> writes:

>>> Consider it reported - thanks for checking it. I'll push the proposed fix later
>>> on today. If it is wrong, we can revert it later, but at least for now
>>> it seems to fix the bug.
>>>

>> I pushed the patch.
>
> Does it mean that I could update the installation through ELPA tomorrow and the patch will be there?

I don't think so - I pushed the patch to the master branch of the git
repo. But I'm not clear on what happens next, so somebody else will have
to answer your question.

--
Nick

* Re: Unable to push to org-mobile
@ 2014-01-12 12:17           ` Dror Atariah
From: Dror Atariah @ 2014-01-12 12:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nick Dokos; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Dec 15, 2013, at 15:17 PM, Nick Dokos wrote:

> Dror Atariah <drorata@gmail.com> writes:

>>> I pushed the patch.
>>
>> Does it mean that I could update the installation through ELPA tomorrow and the patch will be there?
>>
> I don't think so - I pushed the patch to the master branch of the git
> repo. But I'm not clear on what happens next, so somebody else will have
> to answer your question.
Update: I have just updated from ELPA, and the patch is not there... I had to re-patch the missing line.

Best,
Dror

* Re: Unable to push to org-mobile
@ 2014-01-12 12:53             ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2014-01-12 12:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dror Atariah; +Cc: Nick Dokos, emacs-orgmode

Dror Atariah <drorata@gmail.com> writes:

> Update: I have just updated from ELPA, and the patch is not
> there... I had to re-patch the missing line.

The ELPA packages are built from the maint branch, from the
master branch, so patches in the master branch do not show up
there, that's why you had to re-patch this.

--
 Bastien

* Re: Unable to push to org-mobile
@ 2014-01-12 12:58               ` Dror Atariah
From: Dror Atariah @ 2014-01-12 12:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: Nick Dokos, emacs-orgmode

On Jan 12, 2014, at 13:53 PM, Bastien wrote:

> Dror Atariah <drorata@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Update: I have just updated from ELPA, and the patch is not
>> there... I had to re-patch the missing line.
>
> The ELPA packages are built from the maint branch, from the
> master branch, so patches in the master branch do not show up
> there, that's why you had to re-patch this.
So what's the point of the daily updates of the ELPA packages?

Best,
Dror

* Re: Unable to push to org-mobile
@ 2014-01-12 13:26                 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2014-01-12 13:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dror Atariah; +Cc: Nick Dokos, emacs-orgmode

Hi Dror,

Dror Atariah <drorata@gmail.com> writes:

> So what's the point of the daily updates of the ELPA packages?

To get bug fixed when you use ELPA.

--
 Bastien

* Re: Unable to push to org-mobile
@ 2014-01-12 13:34                   ` Dror Atariah
From: Dror Atariah @ 2014-01-12 13:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: Nick Dokos, emacs-orgmode

On Jan 12, 2014, at 14:26 PM, Bastien wrote:

> Hi Dror,
>
> Dror Atariah <drorata@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> So what's the point of the daily updates of the ELPA packages?
>
> To get bug fixed when you use ELPA.

Wasn't the issue discussed originally in this thread a bug (and its fix)? Why it is not reflected in the ELPA? I just want to understand what's going on... No criticism or anything like that :)

Best,
Dror

* Re: Unable to push to org-mobile
@ 2014-01-12 23:30                     ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2014-01-12 23:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dror Atariah; +Cc: Nick Dokos, emacs-orgmode

Dror Atariah <drorata@gmail.com> writes:

> Wasn't the issue discussed originally in this thread a bug (and its
> fix)? Why it is not reflected in the ELPA? I just want to understand
> what's going on... No criticism or anything like that :)

Yep, no problem: as I said, the bug was fixed in master, that's why it
was not in ELPA, since ELPA is from maint.  Now I cherry-picked the
fix in maint and it will appear in ELPA.

Let me know otherwise,

--
 Bastien

* Re: Unable to push to org-mobile
@ 2014-01-13  3:48                     ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2014-01-13  3:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dror Atariah; +Cc: Bastien, emacs-orgmode, Nick Dokos

Dror Atariah <drorata@gmail.com> writes:
> On Jan 12, 2014, at 14:26 PM, Bastien wrote:
>
>> Hi Dror,
>>
>> Dror Atariah <drorata@gmail.com> writes:
>>
>>> So what's the point of the daily updates of the ELPA packages?
>>
>> To get bug fixed when you use ELPA.
>
> Wasn't the issue discussed originally in this thread a bug (and its
> fix)? Why it is not reflected in the ELPA? I just want to understand
> what's going on... No criticism or anything like that :)

Yes, and I should have committed the patch to maint as well, but I was
not clear about the process either at the time. Thanks to Bastien for
taking care of it.

--
Nick

* Re: Unable to push to org-mobile
@ 2014-01-20 21:06       ` Dror Atariah
From: Dror Atariah @ 2014-01-20 21:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nick Dokos; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

I'm sorry I keep bugging with this... ;)

On Dec 14, 2013, at 22:06 PM, Nick Dokos wrote:

> Nick Dokos <ndokos@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Dror Atariah <drorata@gmail.com> writes:
>>
>>> 2. What's next? I believe this is a bug... How can I report it?
>>
>> Consider it reported - thanks for checking it. I'll push the proposed fix later
>> on today. If it is wrong, we can revert it later, but at least for now
>> it seems to fix the bug.
>>

> I pushed the patch.

I believe that the patch is wrong. The line
"((eq (car x) :grouptags) nil)" is currently (as per the version of ELPA) #463, but it yields the same error as the one I reported initially. I moved it to line #464 (right after the one with ":newline") and it solved the issue.

1. Does it make sense?
2. If it does, then why?
3. Maybe you want to correct this?

All the best and cheers,
Dror

* Re: Unable to push to org-mobile
@ 2014-01-20 22:20         ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2014-01-20 22:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Dror Atariah <drorata@gmail.com> writes:

> I'm sorry I keep bugging with this... ;)
>
> On Dec 14, 2013, at 22:06 PM, Nick Dokos wrote:
>
>> Nick Dokos <ndokos@gmail.com> writes:

>>> Consider it reported - thanks for checking it. I'll push the proposed fix later
>>> on today. If it is wrong, we can revert it later, but at least for now
>>> it seems to fix the bug.
>>>

>> I pushed the patch.
>
> I believe that the patch is wrong. The line "((eq (car x) :grouptags)
> nil)" is currently (as per the version of ELPA) #463, but it yields
> the same error as the one I reported initially.  I moved it to line
> #464 (right after the one with ":newline") and it solved the issue.
>
> 1. Does it make sense?

No. I'd go back to a clean slate and try again: chances are you had
something left over (perhaps org-mobile.elc?) that's curdling thing.

The lines in question are

      (setq def-tags (mapcar
		      (lambda (x)
			(cond ((null x) nil)
			      ((stringp x) x)
			      ((eq (car x) :startgroup) "{")
			      ((eq (car x) :endgroup) "}")
			      ((eq (car x) :grouptags) nil)
			      ((eq (car x) :newline) nil)
			      ((listp x) (car x))))
		      def-tags))

It makes absolutely no difference whether the :grouptags line comes
before or after the :newline line: they are mutually exclusive.

In any case, where is the backtrace?

Nick