* modifying header when in columns mode
@ 2014-01-15 18:45 David Rees
From: David Rees @ 2014-01-15 18:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

<Sorry if this is a double post. I sent it and approved it a couple days
ago and it still doesn't seem to reflected in group.>

Is there a way to modify a header line in column view other than
manually navigating to the field?

If I try to use a standard key like S-up I get:
"org-self-insert-command: Text is read-only: "Type `e' to edit property"".

If I try to eval org-priority I get:
org-priority: Text is read-only: "Type `e' to edit property"

Since column is editable, just in a different way, it feels like the
APIs should still work. Failing that, is there another function I can
use (so I can write my own wrapper that tries both)?

* Re: modifying header when in columns mode
@ 2014-01-17  9:05 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2014-01-17  9:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Rees; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi David,

David Rees <dave@studgeek.com> writes:

> If I try to use a standard key like S-up I get:
> "org-self-insert-command: Text is read-only: "Type `e' to edit property"".
>
> If I try to eval org-priority I get:
> org-priority: Text is read-only: "Type `e' to edit property"

Use S-<left> or S-<right> instead.

That the keybinding for cycling through properties values' from within
the :PROPERTIES: drawer, and since priorities are just special properties,
the column view allows you to cycle through values with the same key.

This is only the case for properties that have a finite set of
possible values you can cycle through.  For others like SCHEDULED,
using C-c C-s will do.

HTH,

--
 Bastien