Hi, >> Perhaps something like the following would be OK? Nicholas? >> >> #+ATTR_HTML: :mode latex >> #+ATTR_LATEX: :mode math :environment pmatrix :math-prefix \mathbf{H}= >> | \vdots | 0 | \vdots | >> | \vdots | H | \vdots | >> | \vdots | 0 | \vdots | >> >> This would tell ox-html.el to transcode the table via ox-latex-tabel >> and feed the string via org-html-format-latex (assuming latex-frag is >> a string). > > FWIW, I think it's worth trying. I'm Cc'ing Rick Frankel for his > opinion. > >> Of course ox-html could also check out ATTR_LATEX but this >> would lead to a spurious solution since LaTeX ≠ HTML IMO. > > I agree. > >> Nicholas, if you want I can look into this. > > Certainly. Thank you. I have attached a rough proof-of-concept that will export the above table correctly with mathjax. But I guess it will also have to handle it correctly in the case of static png images. I'm not sure how to handle captions. I guess the most natural way is to let org-latex-table handle is. Let me know if something like this is OK in which case I can polish it up and add documentation. –Rasmus -- . . . It begins of course with The Internet. A Net of Peers.