* LaTeX export controls
@ 2014-01-31  1:36 Peter Davis
From: Peter Davis @ 2014-01-31  1:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I'm finding the documentation on LaTeX export a bit thin. Where, for example, does the author's name come from? I noticed my documents do have my correct name, but I don't know where it's coming from. I want to add some information. I tried

#+LATEX_HEADER: \author{Peter Davis (addl info)}

but it seemed to have no effect.

Thank you!
-pd

--
----
Peter Davis

* Re: LaTeX export controls
@ 2014-01-31  2:04 ` John Hendy
From: John Hendy @ 2014-01-31  2:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Peter Davis; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Jan 30, 2014 7:36 PM, "Peter Davis" <pfd@pfdstudio.com> wrote:

> I'm finding the documentation on LaTeX export a bit thin. Where, for
example, does the author's name come from? I noticed my documents do have
my correct name, but I don't know where it's coming from. I want to add
some information. I tried

> #+LATEX_HEADER: \author{Peter Davis (addl info)}
>
> but it seemed to have no effect.

It's probably being overwritten. Try:

#+author: Peter Davis (addl info)

I'm guessing if you look at the .tex file generated by your current
attempt, you'll have your author command, followed by the default one that
org creates if there's no #+author line present.

John

> Thank you!
> -pd
>

> --
> ----
> Peter Davis
> The Tech Curmudgeon
> www.techcurmudgeon.com

* Re: LaTeX export controls
@ 2014-01-31  8:05 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2014-01-31  8:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Peter Davis; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Peter Davis <pfd@pfdstudio.com> writes:

> I'm finding the documentation on LaTeX export a bit thin. Where, for
> example, does the author's name come from? I noticed my documents do
> have my correct name, but I don't know where it's coming from.

See (info "(org) Export settings")

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: LaTeX export controls
@ 2014-01-31 12:12   ` Peter Davis
From: Peter Davis @ 2014-01-31 12:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On 1/30/14, 9:04 PM, John Hendy wrote:
> #+author: Peter Davis (addl info)

Aha! That also lead me to #+title:, which I also needed.

Thank you! I kept looking for LaTeX-specific options, instead of more
global export ones.

-pd

--
----