From: Esben Stien <b0ef@esben-stien.name>
To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2014 11:10:56 +0200	[thread overview]

M <Elwood151@web.de> writes:

> The interesting stuff should also be stored to be available later for
> reference...
> How do you handle that?

I subscribe to 396 mailinglist and my Mail/ directory is in the brazillions.

> Are there tools which make such a process easier?

org-mode;)

With C-c C-l you can make a reference to a thread and store it in the
proper location. F.ex if you find something nifty about foo, you can
store a link in

* emacs
** gnus
*** activity
**** foo
[Some link to someone with something cool about foo]

With this reference, you can jump immediately into the gnus thread with C-x C-o

..and also copy the relevant part of the thread over here and structure
it.

> Up to now I just used my old mail client Microsoft Entourage 2004 on OS X
> for storing those mails.

gnus;), ..viewed threaded.

With u, you can mark a thread, but I find that if I don't organize
immediately when I find an interesting thread, I probably never return
to it.

With 'k' you can kill the whole thread and jump onto the next one, but I
also find I don't use this much, either.

What I do, is just use RET 111 on a group to get all the latest mails in
a threaded view and see if there's anything interesting.

Using topics, you can organize your groups into emacs, multimedia,
vector, operating-system, voip, accounting, etc.

I lack notifications, though. Would be really nice if there was some way
for gnus to notify me of threads where I'm involved got a new follow
up.

Many times when I reply to things, I have to always check the group for
follow ups, which is wasting time, really.

Also, many times people reply directly to me, instead of using follow up
to the group. That means their replies end up in inbox and you have to
manually move it over to the group.

These mails lack the List-Id header, which gnus uses for sorting and I
haven't figured out if there's a way to use any other reference haaders
that could be used.

--
Esben Stien is b0ef@e     s      a
         http://www. s     t    n m