* Bug: Weird interaction between ox-extra and include :minlevel
@ 2018-04-12  9:26 Daniel P. Gomez
From: Daniel P. Gomez @ 2018-04-12  9:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi all,

TLDR: Using ox-extras :IGNORE: tags break #+INCLUDE :minlevel.
Ideally ox-extras functionality could make it into ox.

I'm using Org Mode to structure my thesis, and one of the Org
features that I rely on the most are the #+INCLUDE derivatives.

My setup is such that I have a main thesis.org file with the
(simplified) following contents:

--
#+latexclass: thesis
#+setupfile: thesis.setup

* Chapter 1
#+INCLUDE: chap1/chapter1.org :lines "3-"

etc..
--

And I have chapter files where, e.g., the Methods section is
formatted differently whether it is included in the main body of

etc..

# For thesis, include methods directly
* Methods :thesis:
#+INCLUDE: methods.org :lines "3-"

# For paper, wrap methods into a specific control sequence and
  adjust headline levels.
* Methods :ignore:manuscript:

#+LATEX: \matmethods{
#+INCLUDE: methods.org :lines "3-" :minlevel 2
#+LATEX: }

* Insert Methods :ignore:manuscript:
#+LATEX: \showmatmethods{}
--

I don't know if this is the cleanest setup, but it works well for
me because I get to reuse my files.

Would anyone have an idea on how to fix this? Is there any
intention of bringing ox-extra functionality into main Org?
Something like #+ignore_tags would be a powerful addition for fine
grained export control, in my opinion.

Thank you

--
Daniel P. Gomez