On Wednesday, 13 Jun 2018 at 09:53, Gerald Wildgruber wrote: > Switching to text-mode, with 5 windows and follow-mode still being > active reduces lag significantly. > > So there must be an issue specifically with the combination of org-mode > and follow-mode! I don't think there's an issue per se in the sense of bugs. Org does much more processing of the text than does text mode so if you have 60k worth of text to process each time you type something, it's probably not surprising that there is a lag. 60k is a lot of text and I assume there are many headings etc.? Part of the attraction of org mode is the visual representation of the text and this unfortunately comes at a cost. I cannot remember what version of Emacs you are using. If not the latest, it might be worth trying v26.1 or even one of the latest snapshots in case? -- Eric S Fraga via Emacs 25.2.2, Org release_9.1.13-791-g842002