* Make org-agenda-switch-to to show all parent headings
@ 2019-10-13 20:24 Joon Ro
From: Joon Ro @ 2019-10-13 20:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

When I right click on an agenda item to invoke org-agenda-switch-to, it shows only the specific heading for the item and its top-level heading, and in-between headings are not shown. Is there a way to change this behavior so it shows all parent headings of the item? Currently I often am confused which parent the right-clicked item belongs to. Please see below for a minimal example:

Current behavior:

* Top Heading
*** TODO Heading for the right-clicked item in the agenda

Desired behavior:

* Top Heading
** Second heading
*** TODO Heading for the right-clicked item in the agenda

Best Regards,
Joon

* Re: Make org-agenda-switch-to to show all parent headings
@ 2019-10-13 21:46 ` Sebastian Miele
From: Sebastian Miele @ 2019-10-13 21:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Joon Ro <joon.ro@outlook.com> writes:

> When I right click on an agenda item to invoke org-agenda-switch-to,
> it shows only the specific heading for the item and its top-level
> heading, and in-between headings are not shown. Is there a way to
> change this behavior so it shows all parent headings of the item?
> Currently I often am confused which parent the right-clicked item
> belongs to. Please see below for a minimal example:
>
> Current behavior:
>
> * Top Heading
> *** TODO Heading for the right-clicked item in the agenda
>
> Desired behavior:
>
> * Top Heading
> ** Second heading
> *** TODO Heading for the right-clicked item in the agenda

The variable `org-show-context-detail' probably is what you are looking
for.

Best wishes
Sebastian