emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
 help / color / mirror / code / Atom feed
* vertical spacing between lines in a list at odt-export
@ 2020-08-16  8:13 Heinz Tuechler
  2020-09-04 10:03 ` Bastien
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 7+ messages in thread
From: Heinz Tuechler @ 2020-08-16  8:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Dear All,

is there a way to modify the vertical spacing between lines in a list
when exporting to ODT?
For PDF-export
#+LATEX_HEADER: \usepackage{enumitem} together with
#+LATEX_HEADER: \setlist{noitemsep} or
#+ATTR_LATEX: :options [noitemsep]
work, but I did not find any hint regarding ODT-export.

best regards,

Heinz


^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 7+ messages in thread

* Re: vertical spacing between lines in a list at odt-export
  2020-08-16  8:13 vertical spacing between lines in a list at odt-export Heinz Tuechler
@ 2020-09-04 10:03 ` Bastien
  2020-09-04 10:58   ` Heinz Tuechler
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 7+ messages in thread
From: Bastien @ 2020-09-04 10:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Heinz Tuechler; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Heinz,

Heinz Tuechler <tuechler@gmx.at> writes:

> is there a way to modify the vertical spacing between lines in a list
> when exporting to ODT?

No -- but you can modify this from within LibreOffice.

HTH,

-- 
 Bastien


^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 7+ messages in thread

* Re: vertical spacing between lines in a list at odt-export
  2020-09-04 10:03 ` Bastien
@ 2020-09-04 10:58   ` Heinz Tuechler
  2020-09-05  8:25     ` Bastien
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 7+ messages in thread
From: Heinz Tuechler @ 2020-09-04 10:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Dear Bastien,

thank you for your answer. It helps to know that it's not possible in a
standard way.
Modifying it from within LibreOffice would mean to change every list by
hand.
For now I solve the problem by putting each list in a #+begin_verse ...
#+end_verse block. This is not ideal, but at least it can be done within
the org-file.

best regards,

Heinz

Bastien wrote/hat geschrieben on/am 04.09.2020 12:03:
> Hi Heinz,
>
> Heinz Tuechler <tuechler@gmx.at> writes:
>
>> is there a way to modify the vertical spacing between lines in a list
>> when exporting to ODT?
>
> No -- but you can modify this from within LibreOffice.
>
> HTH,
>


^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 7+ messages in thread

* Re: vertical spacing between lines in a list at odt-export
  2020-09-04 10:58   ` Heinz Tuechler
@ 2020-09-05  8:25     ` Bastien
  2020-09-05 10:45       ` Heinz Tuechler
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 7+ messages in thread
From: Bastien @ 2020-09-05  8:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Heinz Tuechler; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Heinz,

Heinz Tuechler <tuechler@gmx.at> writes:

> Modifying it from within LibreOffice would mean to change every list by
> hand.

You can also create a dedicated ODT style and use it from within your
Org file -- see "Applying custom styles: the easy way" in the manual:

https://orgmode.org/manual/Applying-custom-styles.html

 To apply an ODT style to a particular file, use the
 ‘ODT_STYLES_FILE’ keyword as shown in the example below:

      #+ODT_STYLES_FILE: "/path/to/example.ott"

 or

      #+ODT_STYLES_FILE: ("/path/to/file.ott" ("styles.xml" "image/hdr.png"))

HTH,

-- 
 Bastien


^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 7+ messages in thread

* Re: vertical spacing between lines in a list at odt-export
  2020-09-05  8:25     ` Bastien
@ 2020-09-05 10:45       ` Heinz Tuechler
  2020-09-05 14:19         ` Bastien
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 7+ messages in thread
From: Heinz Tuechler @ 2020-09-05 10:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Dear Bastien,

thank you - I know that. The problem seems to be that in the odt-file
all lists, as well as all "normal" text share the same format. In my
German version of LibreOffice it is called "Textkörper".
So, if I modify that format in a ODT_STYLES_FILE it changes all the
"normal" text, not only the lists.
If I were able to assign a different format to lists, then your proposal
would be the optimal solution. Until now I did not find out, how to
assign such a different format to lists.

Why do I use lists at all? It is, because they offer a hierarchical way
of description, but, contrary to headings and subheadings, after the end
of a list, you jump to the same level as before the list. Instead with
headings and subheadings I think, I can go back to the level at the
beginning only by inserting a new (sub)heading of the desired level.
Maybe I am missing some alternative.

best regards,

Heinz

Bastien wrote/hat geschrieben on/am 05.09.2020 10:25:
> Hi Heinz,
>
> Heinz Tuechler <tuechler@gmx.at> writes:
>
>> Modifying it from within LibreOffice would mean to change every list by
>> hand.
>
> You can also create a dedicated ODT style and use it from within your
> Org file -- see "Applying custom styles: the easy way" in the manual:
>
> https://orgmode.org/manual/Applying-custom-styles.html
>
>  To apply an ODT style to a particular file, use the
>  ‘ODT_STYLES_FILE’ keyword as shown in the example below:
>
>       #+ODT_STYLES_FILE: "/path/to/example.ott"
>
>  or
>
>       #+ODT_STYLES_FILE: ("/path/to/file.ott" ("styles.xml" "image/hdr.png"))
>
> HTH,
>


^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 7+ messages in thread

* Re: vertical spacing between lines in a list at odt-export
  2020-09-05 10:45       ` Heinz Tuechler
@ 2020-09-05 14:19         ` Bastien
  2020-09-06  8:23           ` Heinz Tuechler
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 7+ messages in thread
From: Bastien @ 2020-09-05 14:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Heinz Tuechler; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Dear Heinz,

Heinz Tuechler <tuechler@gmx.at> writes:

> thank you - I know that. The problem seems to be that in the odt-file
> all lists, as well as all "normal" text share the same format. In my
> German version of LibreOffice it is called "Textkörper".
> So, if I modify that format in a ODT_STYLES_FILE it changes all the
> "normal" text, not only the lists.
> If I were able to assign a different format to lists, then your proposal
> would be the optimal solution. Until now I did not find out, how to
> assign such a different format to lists.

Perhaps you can send a feature request to the LibreOffice team?

> Why do I use lists at all? It is, because they offer a hierarchical way
> of description, but, contrary to headings and subheadings, after the end
> of a list, you jump to the same level as before the list. Instead with
> headings and subheadings I think, I can go back to the level at the
> beginning only by inserting a new (sub)heading of the desired level.
> Maybe I am missing some alternative.

Perhaps try M-RET in a heading or explore `org-adapt-indentation' (I'm
not sure I completely grok your need, hence the suggestions.)

Best,

-- 
 Bastien


^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 7+ messages in thread

* Re: vertical spacing between lines in a list at odt-export
  2020-09-05 14:19         ` Bastien
@ 2020-09-06  8:23           ` Heinz Tuechler
  0 siblings, 0 replies; 7+ messages in thread
From: Heinz Tuechler @ 2020-09-06  8:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Dear Bastien,

thank you for you for patience. It is a minor issue, still I try to
explain by an example (see below).
If the example below is exported to LibreOffice I am happy with all the
format, except the vertical spacing between list elements, which results
from the vertical space after each paragraph in the "Textkörper" format.
I could change this format, but that would affect all paragraphs, not
only the lists.

BTW, there is a convenient solution for Latex-export
(https://emacs.stackexchange.com/questions/47864/org-mode-set-separation-length-between-elements-of-a-list).

best regards,

Heinz



Example org file:
* example project
   This is an example project description ... more text.

   The motivation for this research resulted mainly from the following
clinical questions.
   - Is there a need for intense therapy?
     - cytostatic
     - transplantation
   - If yes, when should the therapy start?
     - immediately after diagnosis
     - at first signs of progression
     - after relapse

   Some of these questions were partially answered by Genius et al.,
2003 and ... more text.
** introduction
    The main purpose ... more text.
** material
    Data was contributed from ten centers ... more text.

    All data collection was done between 2010 and 2018. Informed consent
was obtained by each patient.

    The following inclusion and exclusion criteria were applied.
    - inclusion criteria
      - age > 16
      - stable disease for >= 2 months
      - etc.
    - exclusion criteria
      - other malignant disease
      - missing cytogenetics
      - etc.
    All inclusion criteria had to be fulfilled. No exclusion criterion
had to be fulfilled.
    A data review was performed by two coauthors (AB, TC).
** methods
    The following measures were used to describe relations:
    - for numeric data: Pearson correlation
    - for ordered data: Kendall's tau
    - for unordered data
      - dichotomous: odds ratio
      - polytomous: contingency coefficient
    As level of significance .05 was set. Hypotheses were defined
two-sided. In view of the exploratory nature of the study no adjustment
for multiple testing was applied.
** results
    The main result ... more text.


Bastien wrote/hat geschrieben on/am 05.09.2020 16:19:
> Dear Heinz,
>
> Heinz Tuechler <tuechler@gmx.at> writes:
>
>> thank you - I know that. The problem seems to be that in the odt-file
>> all lists, as well as all "normal" text share the same format. In my
>> German version of LibreOffice it is called "Textkörper".
>> So, if I modify that format in a ODT_STYLES_FILE it changes all the
>> "normal" text, not only the lists.
>> If I were able to assign a different format to lists, then your proposal
>> would be the optimal solution. Until now I did not find out, how to
>> assign such a different format to lists.
>
> Perhaps you can send a feature request to the LibreOffice team?
>
>> Why do I use lists at all? It is, because they offer a hierarchical way
>> of description, but, contrary to headings and subheadings, after the end
>> of a list, you jump to the same level as before the list. Instead with
>> headings and subheadings I think, I can go back to the level at the
>> beginning only by inserting a new (sub)heading of the desired level.
>> Maybe I am missing some alternative.
>
> Perhaps try M-RET in a heading or explore `org-adapt-indentation' (I'm
> not sure I completely grok your need, hence the suggestions.)
>
> Best,
>


^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 7+ messages in thread

end of thread, other threads:[~2020-09-06  8:25 UTC | newest]

Thread overview: 7+ messages (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2020-08-16  8:13 vertical spacing between lines in a list at odt-export Heinz Tuechler
2020-09-04 10:03 ` Bastien
2020-09-04 10:58   ` Heinz Tuechler
2020-09-05  8:25     ` Bastien
2020-09-05 10:45       ` Heinz Tuechler
2020-09-05 14:19         ` Bastien
2020-09-06  8:23           ` Heinz Tuechler

Code repositories for project(s) associated with this inbox:

	https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs/org-mode.git

This is a public inbox, see mirroring instructions
for how to clone and mirror all data and code used for this inbox;
as well as URLs for read-only IMAP folder(s) and NNTP newsgroup(s).