From: "Juan Manuel Macías" <maciaschain@posteo.net>
To: orgmode <emacs-orgmode@gnu.org>
Subject: Re: text after sub headings?
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2021 09:17:29 +0000	[thread overview]

Max Nikulin writes:

> It is not necessary complex layout. It is a decoration similar to
> pictures in fiction books. Unlike figures such additions are not
> strictly important to understand material. In printed form it is like
> figures however. Insets are appropriate in particular places, but
> tolerate some shift due to paging.

Generally, any scenario where graphic and textual content must be
distributed and managed is already complex layout. Although there are
several levels of complexity, and in many cases visual control is
necessary. In any case, TeX is not intended for (stricto sensu) layout
but for typesetting, which is where DTP programs often fail. This does
not mean that highly complex pages cannot be achieved in TeX, but the
strong point of TeX is the automation of processes and repeated
structures, while the strong point of DTP programs is visual layout
design, more focused on magazines, newspapers, posters, etc. There are
"intermediate places", and in TeX there are still unresolved issues. For
example: the possibility of working with independent text flows (for
example, create two parallel TeX processes: one for even pages and
another for odd pages) or grid typesetting (in LaTeX it is almost impossible
and in ConTeXt some advances have been made) although I am very critical
of the grid composition, which has become a plague lately.

Anyway, in order not to get too off the topic, here are a couple of
examples that I made (one of them with flowfram), exporting an inline
task to LaTeX through an ad hoc filter:

https://i.imgur.com/8ERXNWp.png

https://i.imgur.com/mpFRL9h.png

(code attached)