* Code blocks and quotes export style
@ 2022-03-13 10:54 Sébastien Gendre
From: Sébastien Gendre @ 2022-03-13 10:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello everyone. _o/

When I export an Org file to LaTeX and finally PDF, the code blocks and quotes often exceed the width of the page.

Is it possible to set some style of the exported blocks ? Like we can set the size for images ? I can't found it.

Thanks for your help.

----
Séb

* Re: Code blocks and quotes export style
@ 2022-03-13 16:22 autofrettage
From: autofrettage @ 2022-03-13 16:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

> When I export an Org file to LaTeX and finally PDF, the code blocks and quotes often exceed the width of the page.

> Is it possible to set some style of the exported blocks ?

I wonder what the export engine can do about code which is too wide? As a programmer, I certainly wouldn't like some brainless line-breaking make a mess of my beautiful code

Most coding standards recommend lines at most 80 characters wide, or even a tad shorter, but this requires tiny letters, if generous LaTeX margins are used. ...not least with A4-paper.

Before truly smart AI shows up, the only alternative I see is writing short enough lines manually.

...but I am no expert on Org Mode.

Cheers
Rasmus