William Denton writes: Hello, > Yesterday I pulled the current source trees for Org and Emacs and compiled as > I usually do ... and everything broke, with Org complaining about mixed > versions, and all kinds of warnings and backtraces and "Invalid function: > compat-declare-version" errors. > > After looking at various things I noticed a couple of mild warnings related to > the package compat, which I'd seen for a while (several weeks, at least) but > never bothered about, because everything worked. I thought maybe it was all > connected, what with the new version-checking and such, and indeed "M-x > package-reinstall compat" did the trick and now everything works. I am seeing the same problem. However, it did not resolve for me after upgrading the compat library to the current git version. I am still getting: ,---- | Warning (emacs): Org version mismatch. Make sure that correct ‘load-path’ is | set early in init.el This warning usually appears when a built-in Org version is | loaded prior to the more recent Org version. `---- during "make install". I never had this problem before. Charles