On Thu, Nov 03 2022, Max Nikulin wrote: > On 03/11/2022 17:01, Fraga, Eric wrote: >> On Thursday, 3 Nov 2022 at 09:35, Max Nikulin wrote: >>> maxima --very-quiet -r "batchload(\"c:\\Temp\\maxima-XXXXXX.max\")"$ >> Should the $ not be within the quotes? > > Does "$" have any special meaning in cmd.exe? I do not mind that it > should be inside `format' first argument. > > I do not have a Windows machine to test and not motivated enough to > try Emacs in wine. Max, a minor modification of the test you sent earlier shows that when system-type is ms-dos, the placement does not matter (the command-line is the same); but for gnu/linux, placement matters and Eric is right (the command-lines are not the same and the dollar sign needs to be escaped). I have attached a patch that puts the dollar sign in the right place for both. The existing tests pass when running 'make test'. Leo