* (another) org-blog
@ 2006-06-10 12:24 Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2006-06-10 12:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi folks,

here is another `org-blog' for org-mode :
<http://www.cognition.ens.fr/~guerry/org-blog.html>

It provides one unique fonction : M-x org-blog-publish

This takes an org-mode buffer and convert it into a blog. Note that
only TODO-marked first level headings are converted into posts.

For now, it supports tags, atom feeds (for both index and tags pages),
archives, any kind of lists, fixed-width sections -- and more.

See the Comment section for details - enjoy !

--
Bastien

* Re: (another) org-blog
@ 2006-06-10 23:09 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2006-06-10 23:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Bastien,

this seems to be interesting and full of features.  thank you very much
for writing in and making it available.

One request:  Please rename the file (or make David rename his).  Right
now it is not possible to have both even for testing purposes because
the names are the same.

- Carsten

On Jun 10, 2006, at 14:24, Bastien wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> here is another `org-blog' for org-mode :
> <http://www.cognition.ens.fr/~guerry/org-blog.html>
>
> It provides one unique fonction : M-x org-blog-publish
>
> This takes an org-mode buffer and convert it into a blog. Note that
> only TODO-marked first level headings are converted into posts.
>
> For now, it supports tags, atom feeds (for both index and tags pages),
> archives, any kind of lists, fixed-width sections -- and more.
>
> See the Comment section for details - enjoy !
>
> --
> Bastien

Carsten Dominik
Universiteit van Amsterdam
Kruislaan 403
NL-1098SJ Amsterdam
phone: +31 20 525 7477

* Re: (another) org-blog
@ 2006-06-11 10:58   ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2006-06-11 10:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Carsten Dominik <dominik@science.uva.nl> writes:

> this seems to be interesting and full of features.  thank you very
> much for writing in and making it available.

Not been thoroughly tested yet, but already suits my needs.

> One request:  Please rename the file (or make David rename his).
> Right now it is not possible to have both even for testing purposes
> because the names are the same.

Sure.  I was thinking to rename it "blorg", but then i thought it
would be better to keep the "org-" namespace.  So now it's called
"org-b-log".

See the org-b-log 0.5 release:
<http://www.cognition.ens.fr/~guerry/org-b-log.html>

(I hope "org-b-log" is not too much confusing and phonetically
conflicting with org-blog.  Please let me know if this is the case.)

--
Bastien

* Re: (another) org-blog
@ 2006-06-11 15:04     ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2006-06-11 15:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Jun 11, 2006, at 12:58, Bastien wrote:

> Sure.  I was thinking to rename it "blorg", but then i thought it
> would be better to keep the "org-" namespace.  So now it's called
> "org-b-log".

or org-blogging.el, for example.  At some point in the past I thought
David might integrate blogging into org-publish - but I don't know if
this is still an option.

> See the org-b-log 0.5 release:
> <http://www.cognition.ens.fr/~guerry/org-b-log.html>
>
> (I hope "org-b-log" is not too much confusing and phonetically
> conflicting with org-blog.  Please let me know if this is the case.)

If anything, it is slightly unusual to have two dashes in such a file
name. However, I do not really mind as long as the file names, and the
function/variable name spaces are distinct.

- Carsten

* Re: (another) org-blog
@ 2006-06-12  1:11       ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2006-06-12  1:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Carsten Dominik <dominik@science.uva.nl> writes:

> or org-blogging.el, for example.  At some point in the past I thought
> David might integrate blogging into org-publish - but I don't know if
> this is still an option.

Right. "Org-blogging" is more natural. In any case, "org-blog" would
be better, but the decision is in the hands of David.  For now, i've
updated the org-blogging page/code:

<http://www.cognition.ens.fr/~guerry/org-blogging.html>

--
Bastien