* Recent upgrade to 6.29a.
@ 2009-10-21  4:58 Noorul Islam K M
From: Noorul Islam K M @ 2009-10-21  4:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello all,

I just did org pull to update to latest version. (org-version) says this

Org-mode version 6.29a

But from an org file when I do "C-\" and type in a tag name and press
enter I get following error

defvar: Symbol's function definition is void: org-float-time

Looks like function definition is missing. I was not facing this problem earlier.

Thanks and Regards
Noorul

* Re: Recent upgrade to 6.29a.
@ 2009-10-21 14:01 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2009-10-21 14:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Noorul Islam K M; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Oct 21, 2009, at 6:58 AM, Noorul Islam K M wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I just did org pull to update to latest version. (org-version) says
> this
>
> Org-mode version 6.29a
>
> But from an org file when I do "C-\" and type in a tag name and press
> enter I get following error
>
> defvar: Symbol's function definition is void: org-float-time

org-float-time is in org-compat.el.

The fact that your version shows 6.29a indicates that while you might
have the latest version, it is not the one that is being used.
Probably some old compiled lisp files somehwere.

See also this FAQ:

http://orgmode.org/worg/org-faq.php#loaded-old-org

- Carsten

* Re: Recent upgrade to 6.29a.
@ 2009-10-21 14:20 ` Xiao-Yong Jin
From: Xiao-Yong Jin @ 2009-10-21 14:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Noorul Islam K M <gnukid@gmail.com> writes:

> Hello all,
>
> I just did org pull to update to latest version. (org-version) says this
>
> Org-mode version 6.29a

The current version is 6.31a.  If you used git pull, it
should be 6.31trans.

You might want to make sure that you properly installed the
new version.

--
    c/*    __o/*
    <\     * (__

* Re: Recent upgrade to 6.29a.
@ 2009-10-25  7:16   ` Noorul Islam
From: Noorul Islam @ 2009-10-25  7:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Wed, Oct 21, 2009 at 7:31 PM, Carsten Dominik
<carsten.dominik@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Oct 21, 2009, at 6:58 AM, Noorul Islam K M wrote:
>

>> Hello all,
>>
>> I just did org pull to update to latest version. (org-version) says this
>>
>> Org-mode version 6.29a
>>
>> But from an org file when I do "C-\" and type in a tag name and press
>> enter I get following error
>>
>> defvar: Symbol's function definition is void: org-float-time
>
> org-float-time is in org-compat.el.
>
> The fact that your version shows 6.29a indicates that while you might have
> the latest version, it is not the one that is being used.  Probably some old
> compiled lisp files somehwere.

Thank you! You are right, I did not compile the list file after "git pull".

-Noorul