Richard Riley wrote: >What would be the best approach, if at all possible, to having org >manage tasks which allow me set dates for a task to be scheduled and >then let me manually progress/cycle that task and have it then invoke >code/scripts? Maybe something like this: Store the name of the function to be executed in a property and define a function which is run in `org-after-todo-state-change-hook' that reads this property and executes the function if, say, the state was changed to "DONE". (defun dmj:execute-func-after-todo-change () "Execute function in exec_func property if entry changes to DONE." (when (string= state "DONE") (let ((func (intern (org-entry-get nil "exec_func")))) (if (fboundp func) (funcall func))))) (add-hook 'org-after-todo-state-change-hook 'dmj:execute-func-after-todo-change) For the update part you might want to look at el-get.el[1]: ,---- | Short Story: el-get allows you to install and manage elisp code for | Emacs. It supports lots of differents types of sources and is able to | install them, update them and remove them, but more importantly it | will init them for you. | | That means it will care about require ing the features you need, load | ing the files, setting the Info paths so that C-h i shows the new | documentation you now depend on, and finally call your own :after | function for you to setup the extension. Or call it a package. `---- I did not try it (yet), but this looks sweet. HTH, -- David [1] http://github.com/dimitri/el-get -- OpenPGP... 0x99ADB83B5A4478E6 Jabber.... dmjena@jabber.org Email..... dmaus@ictsoc.de