From: Eric Schulte <schulte.eric@gmail.com>
To: "Thomas S. Dye" <tsd@tsdye.com>
Cc: Org-mode <emacs-orgmode@gnu.org>
Subject: Re: ebib configuration for org-bibtex
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2011 14:53:38 -0600	[thread overview]

tsd@tsdye.com (Thomas S. Dye) writes:

> Eric Schulte <schulte.eric@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> tsd@tsdye.com (Thomas S. Dye) writes:
>>
>>> Aloha all,
>>>
>>> I'm trying, partially successfully, to configure org-bibtex so it mimics
>>> some useful features of ebib.  In particular, I'm wanting to add several
>>> optional fields that ebib uses.
>>>

>>> I have this in .emacs:
>>>
>>> #+begin_src emacs-lisp :tangle yes
>>>   (dolist (type org-bibtex-types)
>>>     (push :url (cdr (assoc :optional (cdr type))))
>>>     (push :annote (cdr (assoc :optional (cdr type))))
>>>     (push :abstract (cdr (assoc :optional (cdr type))))
>>>     (push :keywords (cdr (assoc :optional (cdr type))))
>>>     (push :file (cdr (assoc :optional (cdr type))))
>>> )
>>>
>>>   (push (cons :url "A URL for the reference") org-bibtex-fields)
>>>   (push (cons :annote "Annotation is typically not exported") org-bibtex-fields)
>>>   (push (cons :abstract "Abstract for annotated bibliography") org-bibtex-fields)
>>>   (push (cons :keywords "Keywords for sorting with ebib") org-bibtex-fields)
>>>   (push (cons :file "A local file path used by ebib to open the
>>>   reference in an appropriate application") org-bibtex-fields)
>>> #+end_src
>>>
>>> Most of it works fine, but the optional :file field doesn't respect its
>>> argument.  So, the following entry in the Org-mode file:
>>>

>> Hi Tom,
>>
>> The :file property is treated in a special manner when Org-mode resolves
>> properties (notice it is an element of the `org-special-properties'
>> variable).  I've just pushed up a change which temporarily removes :file
>> from this list while resolving bibtex entries.  This change should fix
>> your reported problem -- please let me know if it doesn't.  If any other
>> elements of `org-special-properties' seem likely to cause problems we
>> can temporarily remove them as well.
>>
>> Best -- Eric
>
> Hi Eric,
>
> I think this fix is causing some mischief.  In the Org-mode file where
> a :FILE: property is set to preza-thesis.pdf R source code blocks
> misbehave, as follows:
>
> #+source: land-sale-plot
> #+begin_src R :var y=sales
>   str(y)
> #+end_src
>
> #+results: land-sale-plot
> [[file:preza-thesis.pdf]]

Hi Tom,

Are you still experiencing the problem mentioned above?  I'm unable to
reproduce it locally.  If so, would you mind trying to recreate the
problem with an emacs session launched using "emacs -Q" to see if the
cause lies somewhere in your personal configuration?

I *do* have a file header argument for code blocks inside of subtrees
which explicitly specify a file property (which can be easily checked
using C-c C-v I), e.g.,