* New exporter and subscripts
@ 2012-05-07  9:48 Andreas Leha
From: Andreas Leha @ 2012-05-07  9:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

#+TITLE: Test subscripts

* Test
Hi all,

there seems to be a problem with the option above in the new
exporter, as this_o is exported as subscript for me.

Cheers,
Andreas

* Re: New exporter and subscripts
@ 2012-05-07  9:57 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2012-05-07  9:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andreas Leha; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Andreas Leha <andreas.leha@med.uni-goettingen.de> writes:

> #+TITLE: Test subscripts
>
> * Test
> Hi all,
>
> there seems to be a problem with the option above in the new
> exporter, as this_o is exported as subscript for me.

I tried various values for `org-export-with-sub-superscripts' and
`org-use-sub-superscripts' but I couldn't reproduce it.

Is you Org version recent? Does it happens on every back-end?

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: New exporter and subscripts
@ 2012-05-07 10:50   ` Andreas Leha
From: Andreas Leha @ 2012-05-07 10:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi Nicolas,

thanks once more for the prompt reaction!

>> #+TITLE: Test subscripts
>>
>> * Test
>> Hi all,
>>
>> there seems to be a problem with the option above in the new
>> exporter, as this_o is exported as subscript for me.
>
> I tried various values for `org-export-with-sub-superscripts' and
> `org-use-sub-superscripts' but I couldn't reproduce it.
>
> Is you Org version recent? Does it happens on every back-end?

Just did a fresh git pull before reporting:
,----
| commit cbc1c03680e7d5dd24477c090ade15f90f6314e4
| Author: Nicolas Goaziou <n.goaziou@gmail.com>
| Date:   Mon May 7 08:53:09 2012 +0200
|
|     org-element: Allow targets in a few more places
|
|     * contrib/lisp/org-element.el (org-element-object-restrictions): Allow
|       targets in a few more places.
`----

I only tried tex and odt.  odt is fine.

The LaTeX file looks like this:
,----
| [...]                                                        |
| \begin{document}                                             |
|                                                              |
| \maketitle                                                   |
| \tableofcontents                                             |
| \vspace*{1cm}                                                |
|                                                              |
|                                                              |
| \section{Test}                                               |
| \label{sec-1}                                                |
| Hi all,                                                      |
|                                                              |
| there seems to be a problem with the option above in the new |
| exporter, as this_o is exported as subscript for me.         |
|                                                              |
| Cheers,                                                      |
| Andreas                                                      |
| % Generated by Org mode 7.8.09 in Emacs 24.1.50.1.           |
| \end{document}                                               |
`----

I think I should see a this\_o here?

Regards,
Andreas

PS: I have some more difficulties with the new exporter.  But I guess
I better wait before posting them as well.

* Re: New exporter and subscripts
@ 2012-05-07 11:36     ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2012-05-07 11:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andreas Leha; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Andreas Leha <andreas.leha@med.uni-goettingen.de> writes:

> The LaTeX file looks like this:
> ,----
> | [...]                                                        |
> | \begin{document}                                             |
> |                                                              |
> | \maketitle                                                   |
> | \tableofcontents                                             |
> | \vspace*{1cm}                                                |
> |                                                              |
> |                                                              |
> | \section{Test}                                               |
> | \label{sec-1}                                                |
> | Hi all,                                                      |
> |                                                              |
> | there seems to be a problem with the option above in the new |
> | exporter, as this_o is exported as subscript for me.         |
> |                                                              |
> | Cheers,                                                      |
> | Andreas                                                      |
> | % Generated by Org mode 7.8.09 in Emacs 24.1.50.1.           |
> | \end{document}                                               |
> `----
>
> I think I should see a this\_o here?

You're right. I had overlooked that "_" required to be protected. I have
pushed a fix for that.

Thank you for your report.

> PS: I have some more difficulties with the new exporter.  But I guess
> I better wait before posting them as well.

On the contrary, you should post them as well, since you're probably not
the only one with the same difficulties.

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: New exporter and subscripts
@ 2012-05-07 11:49       ` Andreas Leha
From: Andreas Leha @ 2012-05-07 11:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi Nicolas,

>> The LaTeX file looks like this:
>> ,----
>> | [...]                                                        |
>> | \begin{document}                                             |
>> |                                                              |
>> | \maketitle                                                   |
>> | \tableofcontents                                             |
>> | \vspace*{1cm}                                                |
>> |                                                              |
>> |                                                              |
>> | \section{Test}                                               |
>> | \label{sec-1}                                                |
>> | Hi all,                                                      |
>> |                                                              |
>> | there seems to be a problem with the option above in the new |
>> | exporter, as this_o is exported as subscript for me.         |
>> |                                                              |
>> | Cheers,                                                      |
>> | Andreas                                                      |
>> | % Generated by Org mode 7.8.09 in Emacs 24.1.50.1.           |
>> | \end{document}                                               |
>> `----
>>
>> I think I should see a this\_o here?
>
> You're right. I had overlooked that "_" required to be protected. I have
> pushed a fix for that.
>
> Thank you for your report.

Thanks a lot!  I can confirm the fix.

>> PS: I have some more difficulties with the new exporter.  But I guess
>> I better wait before posting them as well.
>
> On the contrary, you should post them as well, since you're probably not
> the only one with the same difficulties.

Since I already had posted a bogus bug report the last days (and since I
am low on caffeine right now) I wanted to make sure, that it is not all
up to the same configuration issue on my side...

Cheers,
Andreas