* Latest version of Org-mode 7.8.3?
@ 2012-08-08 18:08 'Mash
From: 'Mash @ 2012-08-08 18:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org Mode

I have a 'closed' thread going on here in regards to mobileorg-android:
https://github.com/matburt/mobileorg-android/issues/264

I have been told to use the latest org-mode which is apparently 7.8.3?

But if I follow the instructions:
http://orgmode.org/worg/org-faq.html#How do I keep current with
bleeding edge development?

      M-x org-version
      Org-mode version 6.33x (release_7.8.11.409.ga3778)

Am I missing something with the installation or repository?

Thanks,

'Mash

* Latest version of Org-mode 7.8.3?
@ 2012-08-09 22:28 Ciaran Mulloy
From: Ciaran Mulloy @ 2012-08-09 22:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,
I'm relatively new to org-mode and a non-techie but grappling by and large with
the steep learning curve and enjoying it!

I had a simple question that I haven't been able to get an easy answer to.
I've just compiled the latest build of emacs 24.1 from the gnu.org website which
currently has the latest build of org-mode (7.8.11 I believe).

I've also cloned the bleeding edge git repository onto my PC (as I'm interested
in getting the benefit of recent patches for exporting to Taskjuggler 3) and did
a make into my ~/elisp directory.

My question: how do I validate that I have the latest build version of org-mode
running as when I do a 'M-x org-version' I just get the answer '7.8.11'.

I've put a line in my .emacs file to add my ~/elisp directory to my load path
however it's not clear how I get emacs to load the newer files I've compiled to
my ~/elisp directory over the existing emacs 24.1 build.

I've gone through the FAQ section on the org-mode website and couldn't seem to
find any hints for my issue.

Ciaran