* heads up: mode hooks not executed for agenda files
@ 2013-01-13 22:30 Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2013-01-13 22:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

a problem I have had for a long time is that agenda files are
opened without =org-mode-hook= and =text-mode-hook= being
processed.  This is a problem because I work within the agenda
view all the time, writing notes by accessing entries from the
agenda view.

If I open an org file directly, both hooks are executed just
fine.  However, if I hit =RET= on an agenda view line, I get put
into the org file, at the correct point, but without those hooks
having been executed.  This means that the behaviour is different
depending on how I ended up in the org file.

This is confusing!

The solution is to add the same processing to
=org-agenda-after-show-hook= as is included in =text-mode=hook=
and =org-mode=hook=.  This works.  However, it seems clumsy to me.

I just thought I'd highlight this as it took me a while to
understand why Emacs was doing things differently in org files
depending on how I got to them.

Bastien: enjoy your two week break and don't you dare read this
email before then! ;-)

Thanks,
eric

--
: Eric S Fraga, GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D
: in Emacs 24.3.50.1 and Org release_7.9.3a-808-gf94d81