* Updated syntax for #+bind and no LaTeX \maketitle command?
@ 2013-05-23 22:48 John Hendy
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: John Hendy @ 2013-05-23 22:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I sometimes don't want a title in my LaTeX exported documents and used to use:

#+bind: org-export-latex-title-command ""

in my documents. I see that the new variable is simply
=org-latex-title-command= and now have:

#+bind: org-latex-title-command ""

This is still generating a \maketitle line in my .tex file.

What's the proper way to do this on Org 8.0?

Thanks!
John

* Re: Updated syntax for #+bind and no LaTeX \maketitle command?
@ 2013-05-23 22:57 ` Marcin Borkowski
From: Marcin Borkowski @ 2013-05-23 22:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Dnia 2013-05-23, o godz. 17:48:59
John Hendy <jw.hendy@gmail.com> napisał(a):

> I sometimes don't want a title in my LaTeX exported documents and
> used to use:
>
> #+bind: org-export-latex-title-command ""
>
> in my documents. I see that the new variable is simply
> =org-latex-title-command= and now have:
>
> #+bind: org-latex-title-command ""
>
> This is still generating a \maketitle line in my .tex file.
>
> What's the proper way to do this on Org 8.0?
>

> Thanks!
> John

Hi John,

with the caveat that I don't use Org exporter, so I'm not sure whether
this will help: a (dirty) TeX trick would be to say
\let\maketitle=\relax somewhere in the preamble. (\relax is TeX's
no-op.)

Best,

--
Marcin Borkowski
Adam Mickiewicz University

* Re: Updated syntax for #+bind and no LaTeX \maketitle command?
@ 2013-05-23 23:14 ` Rasmus
From: Rasmus @ 2013-05-23 23:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

John Hendy <jw.hendy@gmail.com> writes:

> I sometimes don't want a title in my LaTeX exported documents and used to use:
>
> #+bind: org-export-latex-title-command ""
>
> in my documents. I see that the new variable is simply
> =org-latex-title-command= and now have:
>
> #+bind: org-latex-title-command ""
>
> This is still generating a \maketitle line in my .tex file.

Does either of solutions work in your case?

#+BEGIN_SRC org
#+TITLE:
* My document without title
  . . . By setting TITLE to nil
#+END_SRC

#+BEGIN_SRC org
#+TITLE: my-title
#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp :exports none
(set (make-local-variable 'org-latex-title-command) "")
#+END_SRC
* My document without title
  . . . By changing the command with babel
#+END_SRC

#+BEGIN_SRC org

#+TITLE: with title
#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp :exports results
(set (make-local-variable 'org-export-allow-bind-keywords) t)
#+END_SRC
#+BIND: org-latex-title-command ""
* without title
  using and allowing bind.
#+END_SRC

--
I almost cut my hair, it happened just the other day

* Re: Updated syntax for #+bind and no LaTeX \maketitle command?
@ 2013-05-24  5:47 ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2013-05-24  5:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

John Hendy <jw.hendy@gmail.com> writes:

> I sometimes don't want a title in my LaTeX exported documents and used to use:
>
> #+bind: org-export-latex-title-command ""
>
> in my documents. I see that the new variable is simply
> =org-latex-title-command= and now have:
>
> #+bind: org-latex-title-command ""
>
> This is still generating a \maketitle line in my .tex file.
>
> What's the proper way to do this on Org 8.0?

I suspect this is the same problem as the one discussed in the following:

   http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/72085

Nicolas suggested using a file local variable for that problem and I've
verified that that solution also works for this one. Just add

# Local Variables:
# org-latex-title-command: ""
# End:

at the end of your file.
--
Nick

* Re: Updated syntax for #+bind and no LaTeX \maketitle command?
@ 2013-05-24  6:36   ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2013-05-24  6:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Nick Dokos <ndokos@gmail.com> writes:

>> #+bind: org-latex-title-command ""
>>
>> This is still generating a \maketitle line in my .tex file.
>>
>> What's the proper way to do this on Org 8.0?
>>

> I suspect this is the same problem as the one discussed in the following:
>
>    http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/72085
>
> Nicolas suggested using a file local variable for that problem and I've
> verified that that solution also works for this one. Just add
>
> # Local Variables:
> # org-latex-title-command: ""
> # End:
>
> at the end of your file.

No, I'm wrong: it's not the same problem. And using BIND should
work in this case, assuming that it is allowed.

Check the value of org-export-allow-bind-keywords. If nil, then
BIND keywords seem to be ignored silently.

--
Nick

* Re: Updated syntax for #+bind and no LaTeX \maketitle command?
@ 2013-05-24 16:32     ` John Hendy
From: John Hendy @ 2013-05-24 16:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nick Dokos; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Fri, May 24, 2013 at 1:36 AM, Nick Dokos <ndokos@gmail.com> wrote:
> Nick Dokos <ndokos@gmail.com> writes:
>
>>> #+bind: org-latex-title-command ""
>>>
>>> This is still generating a \maketitle line in my .tex file.
>>>
>>> What's the proper way to do this on Org 8.0?
>>>

>> I suspect this is the same problem as the one discussed in the following:
>>
>>    http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/72085
>>
>> Nicolas suggested using a file local variable for that problem and I've
>> verified that that solution also works for this one. Just add
>>
>> # Local Variables:
>> # org-latex-title-command: ""
>> # End:
>>
>> at the end of your file.
>
> No, I'm wrong: it's not the same problem. And using BIND should
> work in this case, assuming that it is allowed.
>
> Check the value of org-export-allow-bind-keywords. If nil, then
> BIND keywords seem to be ignored silently.

Thanks all! Not knowing about the org-export-allow-bind-keywords was
my issue, and setting it to =t= fixed it. Out of curiosity, what's the
difference between org-export-allow-BIND and
org-export-allow-bind-keywords? They M-x help on them sounds very
similar.

#+begin_help org-export-allow-bind-keywords
Documentation:
Non-nil means BIND keywords can define local variable values.
This is a potential security risk, which is why the default value
is nil.  You can also allow them through local buffer variables.
#+end_help

#+begin_help org-export-allow-BIND
Documentation:
Non-nil means allow #+BIND to define local variable values for export.
This is a potential security risk, which is why the user must confirm the
use of these lines.
#+end_help

Ah, nevermind. Based on the customize-variable menu option, I'm
thinking the latter is how org should automatically accept #+bind
settings, and the former is whether to allow #+bind settings at all.
Oddly, my value for org-export-allow-bind is set to "confirm" but I
just tested things and didn't get asked...

John

@ 2013-05-24 21:28       ` Sebastien Vauban
From: Sebastien Vauban @ 2013-05-24 21:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ

Hi John,

John Hendy wrote:
> On Fri, May 24, 2013 at 1:36 AM, Nick Dokos <ndokos-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org> wrote:
>> Check the value of org-export-allow-bind-keywords. If nil, then
>> BIND keywords seem to be ignored silently.
>
> Thanks all! Not knowing about the org-export-allow-bind-keywords was
> my issue, and setting it to =t= fixed it. Out of curiosity, what's the
> difference between org-export-allow-BIND and
> org-export-allow-bind-keywords? They M-x help on them sounds very
> similar.

One is used in Org < 8, the other in Org 8 and future versions.

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sebastien Vauban