Would it be possible, that the function does not open a new window when executed, but uses the same window the tangled file is in? I am using org for literate programming in R (ESS): - R console left window - when there is an error, I jump to the R file in the right window and call there org-babel-tangle-jump-to-org and the org file is opened in the left window. It would be easier for debugging, if it would open in the right window, where the R file is already open. Would that be possible? Thanks, Rainer -- Rainer M. Krug email: RMKruggmailcom