* PDF documentation for new exporter
@ 2013-06-18  9:19 Thorsten Jolitz
From: Thorsten Jolitz @ 2013-06-18  9:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi List,

I extracted the documentation parts of the core exporter libraries and
converted them to pdf, so they might serve as an detailled reference for
the new exporter, much more detailled than any tutorial could be (the pdf's
are still impressive in size, some 50 and 80 pages).

,------------------------------------------------------------------------
| DISCLAIMER:
|
| I did not go out of my way to produce these docs accurately and
| complete, I just used 'outorg' to export to LaTeX and then ran some
| replace commands and keyboard-macros on the .tex files. Things might
| have gone wrong in some places, the resulting documents might be
| incomplete or otherwise defective. But they might still be useful, so I
| offer them here. When in doubt always refer to `ox.el' and
| `org-elements.el' as reference.
`------------------------------------------------------------------------

PS

I tried to send the PDF's attached to a post to this mailing list, but
they don't seem to get through. So what shall I do with them? Can I send
them to somebody who uploads them to Worg if he thinks they are worth to
be made available to the public? Or shall I upload them on
'mediafire.com' and post a download link here?

--
cheers,
Thorsten

* Re: PDF documentation for new exporter
@ 2013-06-18  9:48 ` Rasmus
From: Rasmus @ 2013-06-18  9:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Thorsten Jolitz <tjolitz@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi List,
>
> I extracted the documentation parts of the core exporter libraries and
> converted them to pdf, so they might serve as an detailled reference for
> the new exporter, much more detailled than any tutorial could be (the pdf's
> are still impressive in size, some 50 and 80 pages).

Sounds nice.

> ,------------------------------------------------------------------------
> | DISCLAIMER:
> |
> | I did not go out of my way to produce these docs accurately and
> | complete, I just used 'outorg' to export to LaTeX and then ran some
> | replace commands and keyboard-macros on the .tex files. Things might
> | have gone wrong in some places, the resulting documents might be
> | incomplete or otherwise defective. But they might still be useful, so I
> | offer them here. When in doubt always refer to `ox.el' and
> | `org-elements.el' as reference.
> `------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> PS
>
> I tried to send the PDF's attached to a post to this mailing list, but
> they don't seem to get through. So what shall I do with them? Can I send
> them to somebody who uploads them to Worg if he thinks they are worth to
> be made available to the public? Or shall I upload them on
> 'mediafire.com' and post a download link here?

Please add it to Worg, I'd say, preferably as html, if possible.

--
When in doubt, do it!

* Re: PDF documentation for new exporter
@ 2013-06-18 11:32   ` Thorsten Jolitz
                       ` (2 more replies)
From: Thorsten Jolitz @ 2013-06-18 11:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Rasmus <rasmus@gmx.us> writes:

> Please add it to Worg, I'd say, preferably as html, if possible.

I cloned the word repo again (because my existing clone had turned into
a mess somehow) and added the exporter doc-files (as .org files), and
pushed, but got an error:

,---------------------------------------------------------
| $ git --no-pager push -v origin master:refs/heads/master
| send to git://orgmode.org/worg.git
| fatal: Could not read from remote repository.
|
| Please make sure you have the correct access rights
| and the repository exists.
| git exited abnormally with code 128.
`---------------------------------------------------------

Seems I lost my access rights in the process - what do i have to do to
regain them?

--

@ 2013-06-18 13:37     ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2013-06-18 13:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thorsten Jolitz; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Thorsten,

Thorsten Jolitz <tjolitz@gmail.com> writes:

> Seems I lost my access rights in the process - what do i have to do to
> regain them?

You lost your public key?  Either recover it or create a new one that
you send to me.

 Bastien

* Re: PDF documentation for new exporter
@ 2013-06-18 16:38     ` Suvayu Ali
From: Suvayu Ali @ 2013-06-18 16:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at 01:32:10PM +0200, Thorsten Jolitz wrote:
> Rasmus <rasmus@gmx.us> writes:
>
> > Please add it to Worg, I'd say, preferably as html, if possible.
>
> I cloned the word repo again (because my existing clone had turned into
> a mess somehow) and added the exporter doc-files (as .org files), and
> pushed, but got an error:
>
> ,---------------------------------------------------------
> | $ git --no-pager push -v origin master:refs/heads/master
> | send to git://orgmode.org/worg.git
> | fatal: Could not read from remote repository.
> |
> | Please make sure you have the correct access rights
> | and the repository exists.
> | git exited abnormally with code 128.
> `---------------------------------------------------------
>
> Seems I lost my access rights in the process - what do i have to do to
> regain them?

Did you clone the public url?  If so, you cannot push with the same url.
You need the ssh+git url.  Here is my config:

  [remote "origin"]
          fetch = +refs/heads/*:refs/remotes/origin/*
          url = git+ssh://worg@orgmode.org/~/worg.git

Hope this helps,

--
Suvayu

* Re: PDF documentation for new exporter
@ 2013-06-18 17:15     ` Achim Gratz
From: Achim Gratz @ 2013-06-18 17:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Thorsten Jolitz writes:
> ,---------------------------------------------------------
> | $ git --no-pager push -v origin master:refs/heads/master
> | send to git://orgmode.org/worg.git
> | fatal: Could not read from remote repository.

Try this in your ~/.gitconfig:

[url "orgmode@orgmode.org:org-mode.git"]
        pushInsteadOf = git://orgmode.org/org-mode.git

Achim.

* Re: PDF documentation for new exporter
@ 2013-06-18 17:22       ` Achim Gratz
From: Achim Gratz @ 2013-06-18 17:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Achim Gratz writes:
> Thorsten Jolitz writes:
>> ,---------------------------------------------------------
>> | $ git --no-pager push -v origin master:refs/heads/master
>> | send to git://orgmode.org/worg.git
>> | fatal: Could not read from remote repository.
>
> Try this in your ~/.gitconfig:
>
> [url "orgmode@orgmode.org:org-mode.git"]
>         pushInsteadOf = git://orgmode.org/org-mode.git

For Worg of course that'd be:

[url "git+ssh://worg@orgmode.org/~/worg.git"]
        pushInsteadOf = git://orgmode.org/worg.git

Achim.

DIY Stuff:
http://Synth.Stromeko.net/DIY.html

* Re: PDF documentation for new exporter
@ 2013-06-18 18:01         ` Thorsten Jolitz
From: Thorsten Jolitz @ 2013-06-18 18:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Achim Gratz <Stromeko@nexgo.de> writes:

> Achim Gratz writes:
>> Thorsten Jolitz writes:
>>> ,---------------------------------------------------------
>>
>> Try this in your ~/.gitconfig:
>>
>> [url "orgmode@orgmode.org:org-mode.git"]
>>         pushInsteadOf = git://orgmode.org/org-mode.git
>
> For Worg of course that'd be:
>
> [url "git+ssh://worg@orgmode.org/~/worg.git"]
>         pushInsteadOf = git://orgmode.org/worg.git

ok, thanks, it worked and now the pages are online:

,--------------------------------------------------------------
| http://orgmode.org/worg/exporters/ox-docstrings.html
| http://orgmode.org/worg/exporters/org-element-docstrings.html

PS