@ 2013-12-20 12:34 Rene
From: Rene @ 2013-12-20 12:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

How can I set org-agenda-custom-commands so that I can get the tasks past a
date in the coming year?

Suppose I'm interested in things past next september.  This

	("y"
	 "Next year's appointments"
	 tags "TIMESTAMP>=\"<2014-09-01>\"")

works alright as long as we are before that date but won't work anymore next
october.  I would have to modify my org config file each year.

Is there a generic way to indicate "next year"?

Thanks.

* Re: date next year
@ 2013-12-20 18:07 ` Samuel Wales
From: Samuel Wales @ 2013-12-20 18:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rene; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

+1y?

On 12/20/13, Rene <jlr_0@yahoo.com> wrote:
> How can I set org-agenda-custom-commands so that I can get the tasks past a
> date in the coming year?
>
> Suppose I'm interested in things past next september.  This
>
> 	("y"
> 	 "Next year's appointments"
> 	 tags "TIMESTAMP>=\"<2014-09-01>\"")
>
> works alright as long as we are before that date but won't work anymore
> next
> october.  I would have to modify my org config file each year.
>
> Is there a generic way to indicate "next year"?
>
> Thanks.

The disease DOES progress.  MANY people have died from it.  ANYBODY can get it.

Denmark: free Karina Hansen NOW.

* Re: date next year
@ 2013-12-22 15:20   ` Rene
From: Rene @ 2013-12-22 15:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Samuel Wales <samologist <at> gmail.com> writes:

> +1y?
>
> On 12/20/13, Rene <jlr_0 <at> yahoo.com> wrote:
> > How can I set org-agenda-custom-commands so that I can get the tasks past a
> > date in the coming year?
> >
> > Suppose I'm interested in things past next september.  This
> >
> > 	("y"
> > 	 "Next year's appointments"
> > 	 tags "TIMESTAMP>=\"<2014-09-01>\"")

Actually, I want the "y" custom command to get me the tasks scheduled past a
coming date.  How to define a date like "the next september 1st"?

Is it possible to do so?

* Re: date next year
@ 2013-12-23 22:41 ` Erik Hetzner
From: Erik Hetzner @ 2013-12-23 22:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rene; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

At Fri, 20 Dec 2013 12:34:43 +0000 (UTC),
Rene wrote:

> How can I set org-agenda-custom-commands so that I can get the tasks past a
> date in the coming year?
>
> Suppose I'm interested in things past next september.  This
>
> 	("y"
> 	 "Next year's appointments"
> 	 tags "TIMESTAMP>=\"<2014-09-01>\"")
>
> works alright as long as we are before that date but won't work anymore next
> october.  I would have to modify my org config file each year.
>
> Is there a generic way to indicate "next year"?
>
> Thanks.

Hi Rene,

I don’t think there is a generic way, but you can use something like
this for your agenda view:

  ("y"
   "Next year's appointments"
   tags (format "TIMESTAMP>=\"<%s-09-01>\""  (+ 1 (calendar-extract-year (calendar-current-date)))))

best, Erik

--
Sent from my free software system <http://fsf.org/>.