Hi, When using LINES in `org-export--prepare-file-contents' the footnotes section is not preserved causing export to fail. Minimal example $> cat t{1,2}.org # this is t1.org * intro foo[fn:1] * sec2 bar * Footnotes [fn:1] baz # this is t2.org #+INCLUDE: "./t1.org::#intro" And export t2.org. The attached patch fixes this by explicitly saving the footnote section (Aside: org-footnote-section is used in hackish ways; should we make a function that returns to correct regexp for the footnotes section?). It works in a rather large document of mine and in the minimal test. Should I apply it, or is there a better way to fix this bug? Thanks, Rasmus -- Slowly unravels in a ball of yarn and the devil collects it