On Wednesday, 11 Jan 2017 at 20:26, Nicolas Goaziou wrote: > This is what select tags do, but the tree starts at top-level. Any tree > that _contains_ a select tag is exported as a whole. See > `org-export--selected-trees'. Yes. > You want to use select tags to get parts of trees, i.e. sub-trees. For > example, But I don't. What I had expected is that if the tree is not selected at the top level, then it should not be selected at all regardless of sub-tree heading tags. However, if a sub-tree has a selected task, the whole tree is selected. I expected nothing. But this is fine. I now understand the behaviour and can achieve what I want with careful combinations of tags. Thanks, eric -- : Eric S Fraga (0xFFFCF67D), Emacs 26.0.50.1, Org release_9.0.3-189-ge46676