* Bug(?) in LaTeX export?
@ 2013-01-29 14:44 Thorsten Jolitz
From: Thorsten Jolitz @ 2013-01-29 14:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi List,

when I export an Org file with Source blocks to LaTeX (:exports code),
the blocks are converted into environments of package 'listings':

,----------------------
| \lstset{language=...}
| \begin{lstlisting}
| (def  ... )
| \end{lstlisting}
`----------------------

but:

1. the package is not loaded in the preamble (there is no
\usepackage{listings}).

2. the language name in {language=XXX} is simply copied from
   '#+begin_src XXX' and might not be defined in the listings package.

Both points cause LaTeX errors.

--
cheers,
Thorsten

* Re: Bug(?) in LaTeX export?
@ 2013-01-29 17:22 ` Thomas S. Dye
From: Thomas S. Dye @ 2013-01-29 17:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thorsten Jolitz; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Aloha Thorsten,

Thorsten Jolitz <tjolitz@googlemail.com> writes:

> Hi List,
>
> when I export an Org file with Source blocks to LaTeX (:exports code),
> the blocks are converted into environments of package 'listings':

What is the value of the variable org-export-latex-listings?  If it is
'listings or 'minted, then there is quite a bit of setup required for
all the parts to work together correctly (see
http://orgmode.org/worg/org-tutorials/org-latex-export.html#sec-12).

All the best,
Tom

--
Thomas S. Dye
http://www.tsdye.com

* Re: Bug(?) in LaTeX export?
@ 2013-01-29 18:08   ` Thorsten Jolitz
From: Thorsten Jolitz @ 2013-01-29 18:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi Tom,

,---------------------------------------
`---------------------------------------

> If it is 'listings or 'minted, then there is quite a bit of setup
> required for all the parts to work together correctly (see
> http://orgmode.org/worg/org-tutorials/org-latex-export.html#sec-12).

Thats quite some stuff to digest, does that hold for both, the new and
the old exporter? In this case I just wanted a quick LaTeX export with
the default settings, however ugly or unsatisfactoy, and I remember that
this used to work.

I will have a deeper look, thanks.

--
cheers,
Thorsten

* Re: Bug(?) in LaTeX export?
@ 2013-01-29 18:42     ` Thomas S. Dye
From: Thomas S. Dye @ 2013-01-29 18:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thorsten Jolitz; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Thorsten,

Thorsten Jolitz <tjolitz@googlemail.com> writes:

> tsd@tsdye.com (Thomas S. Dye) writes:
>
> Hi Tom,
>
>> What is the value of the variable org-export-latex-listings?
>
> ,---------------------------------------
> | org-export-latex-listings's value is t
> `---------------------------------------
>
>> If it is 'listings or 'minted, then there is quite a bit of setup
>> required for all the parts to work together correctly (see
>> http://orgmode.org/worg/org-tutorials/org-latex-export.html#sec-12).
>
> Thats quite some stuff to digest, does that hold for both, the new and
> the old exporter? In this case I just wanted a quick LaTeX export with
> the default settings, however ugly or unsatisfactoy, and I remember that
> this used to work.

I haven't exported fancy listings with the new exporter yet, so I can't
answer your question.

I do have org-export-latex-listings set to nil, and it gives me the
results I think you're looking for--a no fuss export of some source
code.  The corresponding variable in the new exporter is
org-e-latex-listings.

Both of these variables are set to nil by default.  Perhaps you are
setting one of these in .emacs, or there is an old customization?

All the best,
Tom

--
Thomas S. Dye
http://www.tsdye.com

* Re: Bug(?) in LaTeX export?
@ 2013-01-30 12:24       ` Thorsten Jolitz
From: Thorsten Jolitz @ 2013-01-30 12:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

tsd@tsdye.com (Thomas S. Dye) writes:

Hi Tom,

> I do have org-export-latex-listings set to nil, and it gives me the
> results I think you're looking for--a no fuss export of some source
> code.  The corresponding variable in the new exporter is
> org-e-latex-listings.

thats probably what I want - and what I had before.

> Both of these variables are set to nil by default.  Perhaps you are
> setting one of these in .emacs, or there is an old customization?

sometimes I copy large chunks of Emacs configuration from other people,
I'm pretty sure in one of those chunks these variables were set. I have
to check.

Thanks.

--
cheers,
Thorsten

* bug in latex export?
@ 2013-04-27 10:05 renato
From: renato @ 2013-04-27 10:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Hi, don't know if this has allready been reported, but I just upgraded
to 8.0 and I stumped into this...

this in the .org file

\begin{theoremwithname}[hei]
theorem
\begin{align*}
2+2
\end{align*}
\end{theoremwithname}

gets latex-exported to this (note that after \endtheoremwithname
everything is replicated with escape characters):

\begin{theoremwithname}[hei]
theorem
\begin{align*}
2+2
\end{align*}
\end{theoremwithname}$\backslash$begin\{align*\}
2+2
$\backslash$end\{align*\}
$\backslash$end\{theoremwithname\}
\begin{align*}
2+2
\end{align*}
\end{theoremwithname}

which obviously brings to uncompilable latex code. BTW in the preamble
I have this that defines the environment theoremwithname:

#+LATEX_HEADER: \newtheoremstyle{withname}{}{}{\itshape}{}{\bfseries}{.}{.5em}{\thmname{#3} \thmnumber{#2}}
#+LATEX_HEADER: \theoremstyle{withname}
#+LATEX_HEADER: \newtheorem{theoremwithname}[equation]{Teorema}

cheers,
renato

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: bug in latex export?
@ 2013-04-27 11:13 ` Suvayu Ali
From: Suvayu Ali @ 2013-04-27 11:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On Sat, Apr 27, 2013 at 12:05:37PM +0200, renato wrote:
> Hi, don't know if this has allready been reported, but I just upgraded
> to 8.0 and I stumped into this...
>
> this in the .org file
>
> \begin{theoremwithname}[hei]
> theorem
> \begin{align*}
> 2+2
> \end{align*}
> \end{theoremwithname}

I think only basic macros are supported.  You could just wrap the above
in a #+begin_latex..#+end_latex block.

--
Suvayu

* Re: bug in latex export?
@ 2013-04-28  7:42 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2013-04-28  7:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: renato; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Hello,

renato <rennabh@gmail.com> writes:

> this in the .org file
>
> \begin{theoremwithname}[hei]
> theorem
> \begin{align*}
> 2+2
> \end{align*}
> \end{theoremwithname}
>
> gets latex-exported to this (note that after \endtheoremwithname
> everything is replicated with escape characters):

This should be fixed. Thank you for reporting it.

Nicolas Goaziou

* Bug in LaTeX export?
@ 2019-06-13 20:38 Thomas S. Dye
From: Thomas S. Dye @ 2019-06-13 20:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-org list

Aloha all,

I have this in my Org mode file:

#+name: tab:hanamiai-oxcal-files
#+attr_latex: :font \footnotesize :environment longtable :booktabs
#+caption: =OxCal= input files for the Hanamiai models

And this in the exported LaTeX file:

{\footnotesize
\begin{longtable}{lll}
\caption{\label{tab:orgf695a5d}
\texttt{OxCal} input files for the Hanamiai models}
\\

The linebreak at the end of the \caption line introduces a space
before the caption in the list of tables.  I can get rid of the
space like this:

{\footnotesize
\begin{longtable}{lll}
\caption{\label{tab:orgf695a5d}%
\texttt{OxCal} input files for the Hanamiai models}
\\

Note the % at the end of the \caption line.

A bug, or something in my setup?

All the best,
Tom
--