* yhetil.org/orgmode now supports searching by Gmane ID
@ 2020-04-23  4:43 Kyle Meyer
From: Kyle Meyer @ 2020-04-23  4:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

In the Git and mailing list history, we've got lots of references like
<http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/112052>.  Those Gmane
http links aren't so useful now, though you can still use that
information to access the message by doing things such as

  $ w3m -m nntp://news.gmane.io/gmane.emacs.orgmode/112052

(Offhand I don't know how to do the same in Gnus, despite it being my
primary method for following things over nntp.)

Anyway, for the public-inbox archives at <https://yhetil.org/orgmode>,
I've recently generated Gmane ID to Message-ID mappings and hooked them
up to public-inbox's altid feature.  The end result is that you can now
use the "gmane:" prefix to search by the Gmane ID:

  https://yhetil.org/orgmode/?q=gmane%3A112052