Shiyao MA writes: > Hi, > > When insert org links with org-insert-link, an Org Links buffer is created. > > How can I hide it? You cannot prevent it from being created. It is hard-coded. However, you should be able to prevent Emacs from showing the buffer window by modifying your display-buffer-alist: (add-to-list 'display-buffer-alist '(("Org Links" display-buffer-no-window (allow-no-window . t)))) ... except you cannot. Apparently, Org mode is being too aggressive and ignores display-buffer-alist. I do not think that it is supposed to happen. The patch fixing current aggressive behaviour and allowing the above code to work is attached. Dear All, I do not think that unconditionally setting display-buffer-alist to nil in org-no-popups macro is the right thing to do. I updated the macro using pop-up-windows setting to nil instead of completely trashing user-defined display-buffer-alist. The latter is nil by default and if not, the user should know what he/she is doing. Best, Ihor