From: Titus von der Malsburg <firstname.lastname@example.org>
To: emacs-orgmode <email@example.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2021 14:47:20 +0000 [thread overview]
Message-ID: <firstname.lastname@example.org> (raw)
I’m starting to learn about org’s new capabilities for citations and bibliographies. Exciting, and great work!
1. `org-cite-list-bibliography-files' returns the bibliographies defined locally and the globally defined bibliographies together. I propose to only list the local bibliographies, if defined, and to return the global bibliographies otherwise. I think the user needs a way to override the global setting if necessary. For example, when I work on a manuscript, I’d like to use that manuscript’s dedicated bibliography, but ignore my global bibliography. It’s very common to work with dedicated bibliographies IME, and the UI of oc-basic doesn’t show from which bibliography an entry is coming. So there’s no way to reliably select entries from just the dedicated/local bibliography.
2. The oc-basic processor makes citations look like clickable links (blue, underlined, mouse pointer changes to finger), but when I click on them, nothing happens. I can only follow a references via `org-open-at-point'. It would be good to make citations clickable. I also suggest allowing users to follow links via C-c C-c which currently doesn’t do anything on citations. The other obvious action that C-c C-c could trigger would be `org-cite-insert'. Not sure what’s better.
next reply other threads:[~2021-07-25 14:48 UTC|newest]
Thread overview: 15+ messages / expand[flat|nested] mbox.gz Atom feed top
2021-07-25 14:47 Titus von der Malsburg [this message]
2021-07-25 15:14 ` org-cite-list-bibliography-files Bruce D'Arcus
2021-07-25 15:36 ` org-cite-list-bibliography-files Titus von der Malsburg
2021-07-25 21:30 ` org-cite-list-bibliography-files Bruce D'Arcus
2021-07-26 5:56 ` org-cite-list-bibliography-files Greg Minshall
2021-07-26 8:46 ` org-cite-list-bibliography-files Bruce D'Arcus
2021-07-26 15:31 ` org-cite-list-bibliography-files John Kitchin
2021-07-26 10:46 ` org-cite-list-bibliography-files Eric S Fraga
2021-07-28 13:12 ` org-cite-list-bibliography-files Bruce D'Arcus
2021-07-28 13:56 ` org-cite-list-bibliography-files John Kitchin
2021-07-28 14:17 ` org-cite-list-bibliography-files von der Malsburg, Titus
2021-07-28 19:17 ` org-cite-list-bibliography-files Bruce D'Arcus
2021-07-28 14:19 ` org-cite-list-bibliography-files Titus von der Malsburg
2021-07-28 14:22 ` org-cite-list-bibliography-files John Kitchin
2021-07-30 7:49 ` org-cite-list-bibliography-files Nicolas Goaziou
You may reply publicly to this message via plain-text email
using any one of the following methods:
* Save the following mbox file, import it into your mail client,
and reply-to-all from there: mbox
Avoid top-posting and favor interleaved quoting:
List information: https://www.orgmode.org/
* Reply using the --to, --cc, and --in-reply-to
switches of git-send-email(1):
git send-email \
* If your mail client supports setting the In-Reply-To header
via mailto: links, try the mailto: link
Be sure your reply has a Subject: header at the top and a blank line
before the message body.
Code repositories for project(s) associated with this public inbox
This is a public inbox, see mirroring instructions
for how to clone and mirror all data and code used for this inbox;
as well as URLs for read-only IMAP folder(s) and NNTP newsgroup(s).